• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Administrators

That won't be of any help.

Try the following:

1. Remove the id faking + layout id injection from your DSDT
  2. Make sure you do not activate "Inject Intel" or any graphics layout id in your Clover config
  3. Reinstall latest whatevergreen kext (latest WEG apparently requires no injection at all)

• Moderators

Fellow forum member here also have the graphics acceleration issue with eDP.

MacOS might not fully support eDP display I'm afraid, although I couldn't find anything in google

On my E7440, when booted with Ubuntu, my display shows "Built-in Display" and not "eDP-1".

LVDS.png

10 hours ago, Jake Lo said:

Fellow forum member here also have the graphics acceleration issue with eDP.

MacOS might not fully support eDP display I'm afraid, although I couldn't find anything in google

On my E7440, when booted with Ubuntu, my display shows "Display" and not "eDP-1".

I found some information from tonycrap about framebuffer patch connector-type from DP <00 04 00 00> to LVDS <02 00 00 00>.  

This is most challenge hackintosh ive seen since 2017. Hey, thanks for letting me know.

Edited by BatteryDie
Edit removed link ___ never mind I thought it was my auto correct LOL good one. Made my night.

• Administrators
10 hours ago, BatteryDie said:

I can't figure why there is error compiler when I am trying to save DSDT file. I am going try boot without DSDT.

You're probably not using the correct compiler settings...

Here goes (GPU id + layout id injection removed):

DSDT.aml.zip

As for the connector type, you're on the wrong path. Changing a connector-type in the framebuffer type ain't going to change the physical LCD connector, is it? Anyway, the thread is about Ivy Bridge HD4000 and our rules do not allow posting links to TMX...

• Administrators

LVDS has supported high resolution displays for years. Dell fitted HiRes WUXGA 1920x1200 LCD panels to some of their 15" laptops as far as 15 years ago (eg: old Inspiron 8500/8600/6000) and all those used an LVDS interface.