richw

E6320 - MOJAVE 10.14.2 NO SPEAKER AUDIO, NO USB

Dell E6320 Bios:A20 CPU: I5-2540M 2.6Ghz Audio: IDT 92HD90 Wifi:Dell DW1510

I have successfully installed a Sierra, upgrade to High Sierra to Mojave 10.14.3 with a few issues.

1- Sound works through the Headphone Jack, no sound through speakers. I performed the Dell Diagnostics to verify hardware is working.

2- Keyboard and mouse not working on Clover boot screen. I am able to bypass with a defined partition and countdown, but it would be nice to have 

3- USB Ports not working

Any Help is greatly appreciated.

Remove AppleHDAIDT.kext from /L/E

Remove IntelBacklight.kext from Clover/kexts/Other

Remove OsxAptioFix2Drv-64.efi and EmuVariableUefi-64.efi from clover/drivers64UEFI

Change Smbios to MBP8,2, for sandyBridge (HD3000). The MPB9,2, that's for IvyBridge (HD4000) is wrong.

Repair permissions and rebuild cache

Caution because you can only use MBP8,x SMBIOS under Mojave once/if you've installed the patched PlatformSupport plist. MBP8,x are not supported platforms...

Also be aware that 10.14.3 is probably the very last Mojave version to support OpenGL-only graphics acceleration for HD3000 (provided you install SNB graphics kexts from 101.3.6). Latest 10.14.4 beta apparently totally blocks non-Metal GPUs...

All in all, you'd be well advised to stick to High Sierra 10.13.6 on your E6320.

• Like 1

Thanks for the feedback. Changing the SMBIOS resulted in a halt (circle with line through it)

Sticking to High Sierra seems the best choice for this laptop.

As I said, if you change SMBIOs to MPB8,x, you need to install the patched PlatformSupport plist.

I reinstalled Sierra, upgraded to High Sierra no apfs conversion using MBP 8,2.

Usb is working, Audio is only available through headphones and touchpad does not work.

I have not copied any files to /L/E. Only the AppleALC in kext folder.