[SOLVED] E6330/E6530 Intel HD4000 weird graphics while photos.app is converting

withoutname

I hope someone can help me out.

As title says I have graphic glitches while photos.app converts imported videos/syncing photos from iCloud, but only on my internal display, the monitor I use as secondary display connected via HDMI, and while laptops internal display produces those graphic anomalies, the second display stays clean.

i have two configs e6530 and e6330, both have i7 3520m cpu with intel hd4000 graphics, with working qe/ci(if this matters). Or this is normal with these hd4000 graphics.

my USB ports/sata ports/brightness slider in display settings/audio working fine, except this thing.

+1: when I stut down/restart my latitude, the weird graphics comes out again on shutdown screen.

• Administrators

You wouldn't be using my patched DSDT from E6230 BIOS A19 by any chance? Because that will most definitely trigger artefacts at shutdown, but not otherwise. I would not recommend using that DSDT for anything other than the E6230.

I will upload it later.

I can tell that i used the install pack from the 10 step mini guide, for both the e6530 and e6330.

Based on Hervé’s post, i have tried to replace the dsdt to the appropriate from Jake Lo’s guide, and the result was black screen only after booting.

13 hours ago, Leook said:

Hello, have you tried to downgrade the bios to the A12 version? .... You can test the e6530 and if you get a positive result you can do it on the e6330.

It seems that downgrading solved the issue! Thanks for it, however I downgraded to a11 instead of a12.

Thank to all! Thread can be closed.