Jono4191

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Thanks Hervé! 

I did all the things you mentioned in your previous post.

Trackpad now fully working, I was finally able to activate tap to click in the PrefPane!!!

Webcam also working!

Testing the docking station K09A will follow in the next days, I will keep you updated

But really a big thank you to Hervé and Jake Lo for your help to fix all issues!

//edit: I began to test the docking station. All 5 USB ports + eSATA port working! Ethernet working!

Sound via 3.5mm jack not working, but no problem for me, I really don't need that.

Will try connecting two external displays tomorrow when I'm at the office :P

• Administrators

For displays, you can refer to the E6220 and HD3000 threads I linked to on p1. Remember that HD3000 only supports 2 x concurrent displays, not 3. So it'll be internal LCD + 1 external display or 2 x external displays only.

I moved on with testing external displays.

Connecting displays via docking station works perfectly. I tried it with 2xDP, 2xDVI and DP+DVI

VGA Port on E6320 does not work, but not needed in my case. I had a look at the linked quide on P1 but didn't try it yet.

Notebook's HDMI Port (mini?) not tested because I don't have a fitting cable or adapter.

I ordered a mini-HDMI to HDMI Adapter, so I can test this in a couple days.

I have another annoying problem right now. I'm struggling with random system freezes. Sometimes after 5-10 Minutes, sometimes after an hour or more. Mostly it happens when opening Apps or installing stuff.

Are there any logs I could provide you so that someone could check that?

I did a vanilla install using Jake Lo's guide you linked on page 1:

I will edit this post later today and add my current EFI folder. I'm at the office right now :P

Could the freezes be a result of still using only 4GB of RAM?

I already ordered a new RAM kit to upgrade it to 8GB.