Jump to content
milchkuh

E6220 High Sierra HD3000 freezes

Recommended Posts

Hi all,

I am a newbie for hackintoshs, however managed with the great guide of this forum to install High Sierra on my Dell E6220 with the i5. I used this guide: https://osxlatitude.com/forums/topic/8506-dell-latitude-inspiron-precision-vostro-xps-clover-guide/ and everything I need seems to work.

The only problem I am still facing is the know issue of random screen freezes with the HD3000 (screen freeze, mouse working, system should work as well). I was searching around about the backgrounds and tried different things (different kext, RAM upgrade, etc.), but my system still is not stable and freezes randomly. All my own research in console and log files did not help.

So could one of the experts check my my attached log files I created last night and let me know, how to fix this and what to do step by step.

Additionally I would be interested, how and where you figure out what is wrong with my system, as I did not manage (as long as this is possible for a newbie).

Thanks for the help in advance.

debug_5985.zip

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Your setup has several flaws:

  1. you're mixing add-on kexts in /S/L/E, /L/E and Clover E/C/k/O folders. Ideally, you should only cache them from /L/E or inject them from Clover (which you chose to select).
  2. you're using MBP8,2 SMBIOS which is not the most appropriate one for the E6220. Try and revert to MBP8,1 instead.
  3. your Clover ACPI config is slightly incorrect: you're injecting the correct CPU power management SSDT for your i5-2520M CPU, so untick/uncheck/deselect those APSN/APLF/PluginType and DropOEM options you went for.
  4. you retained the Sierra 10.12 IOGraphicsFamily kext which is not applicable to High Sierra for which the patch was:
    Find 0100007522
    Replace: 010000EB22

    But if you use Lilu + WEG (which you should but aren't), this patch becomes obsolete and irrelevant.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi Herve, thanks for your quick Feedback.

However while going through your list, reading some tutorials and guides, I screwed up somewhere and now have KP during boot.

So now I am trying to boot with my USB installer in order to revert back.

As soon as I managed this, I will come back.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

When you switch SMBIOS to MBP8,1, the USB_Injector.kext stopped working because it's hardcoded to MBP8,2.

If you're going to use MBP8,1 as suggested by Hervé, then you should use his files. His USB_Injector is hardcoded for MBP8,1.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Seen this guide, but not got HS - means that Kent is independent from OS?

Usb is not working at all at the moment for cabled mouse. I cannot even boot from usb what is strange. Any idea?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A lot of kexts are OS independant, yes. In the case of the E6220, you can re-use most of the Sierra add-on kexts, yes. Obviously, remove the patched IOGraphicsFamily + patched SNB framebuffer  + patched AppleHDA which were all Sierra-specific.

 

You can apply Clover's on-the-fly patches for those kexts, knowing that:

  1. the IOGraphicsFamily patch was different for High Sierra than it was for Sierra and became obsolete with Lilu + WEG which you could use instead
  2. you only need to patch the SNB framebuffer kext if you want video outputs such as VGA, DVI, HDMI, etc.
  3. patched AppleHDA + dummy IDT kexts are now obsolete and audio will be supported with vanilla AppleHDA + Lilu + AppleALC (with layout 12)

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You should be able to get USB capability back by booting to Clover Options. 

Go down and change SMBIOS to MacBookPro8,2. No need to change anything else.

Once you're booted into OSX, you can then switch the USB_Injector with Hervé version.

Reboot normally now that you have MacBookPro8,1 already set.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

OK guys - I am back on and my system seems to basically run OK (more or less).

I followed the recommendations of Herve in post#2

1) Tried to clean-up and streamline S/L/E and L/E as well as having the "essential kexts" in E/C/K. Removed double kexts (except those in E/C/K, now confident to know how to handle kexts.

2) SMBIOS for MBP8,1

3) Deselected options in ACPI

4) Installed Lilu & WEG in L/E as well as in E/C/K 

Freezes haven't happened so far, but I am not that long running.

 

However, during booting there still seem to be something not OK, at least this is how is appears to me in Verbose mode.

So again can you please check my log files and let me know what you see and think.

PLEASE remember, that I am a newbie and need easy and under stable instructions. :-)

 

Thanks

 

debug_16581.zip

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

×
×
  • Create New...