Dell Latitude 3400: macOS installation keeps failing

MrJonesIII

Hi Jake. Just reading through this again and you mentioned I should stick with MBP15,2 because I had a Coffee Lake model, but the processor that shows up in the Linux HW Probe is Core i7-8565U CPU @ 1.80GHz, which is actually Whiskey Lake. Which CPU should I be choosing in this case? 

Found another person who managed to have success with the same Whiskey Lake Core i7-8565U CPU and Intel UHD620 as my E3400 on another site (see EFI attached) and this one seems to go a lot further without hanging, but I get the dreaded white circle with the line through it when the progress bar gets to about 75%. This was a Dell Inspiron 7580, however. 

EFI 2.zip

Edited by MrJonesIII
Added more info on the source.

This Latitude 3400 keeps restarting when I try to format the internal hard disk, which is a 1TB Samsung PM981 NVMe. Windows and Linux both format and install on it fine. Any ideas as to why this might be happening? Anyone seen this sort of thing before? 

I've replaced the Samsung with a MicronNVMe SSD, but I can't seem to even get to formatting the drive any more. I'm now getting the "In Memory Panic Stackshot" error. I've tried upgrading Clover to r5107 from 2.5_r5103, Apto Memory Fix, one of the other Apto memory fixes, but it's just restarting with that error every time. I've tried Mojave, Catalina, 15,1, 15,2, 15,3. I'm at a loss here. I have taken a video of the boot up (https://www.dropbox.com/s/clywn5b56766dir/IMG_3406.MOV?dl=0). Any help would be greatly appreciated.