[Solved] E7440: battery status indicator

blackthorn87

I was wandering if you guys could help. I've just updated my Dell E7440 - i7 4600U to Catalina from Sierra and almost everything is working perfectly.

I'm just having an issue with the battery status indicator. I've tried swapping FakeSMC (and associated kexts) to VirtualSMC (and associated kexts) based on a post on this forum, but this just stopped my Hack from loading.

Then I've updated CodecCommander to the latest version, and this got some functionality; this being when it's plugged in it shows the the battery charge icon with a white background and when unplugged it shows the battery charge icon with a black background.

Is there a way to fix this?

@Hervé I'm not sure what you mean.

@Jake Lo I've replaced my config.plist with the one you supplied and added the SSDT* file into the EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/patched folder. I've listed the locations here incase I've done it wrong. But these don't seemed to have worked. When I plugin the charger and disconnect it the status doesn't doesn't update. I've got coconutBattery installed it seems to know when the charger is plugged in and removed, but not 100% of the time. It's hit and miss. I have restarted my machine several times, and also shut it down and turned it back on.

@Jake Lo thank you for your help. That updated config.plist file seems to have done the trick.

If you don't mind me asking what did you update to get it working. Hopefully I'll understand what your reply is.

In the mean time, I'll update my Boot USB to include these updates so I have an emergency/backup boot device so this machine!!

Thank you for your help, is there anyway I can get you beer or something??