Alps touchpad on Dell Latitude 5580 not working - Catalina 10.15.3

Keronei

There's the Internal Intel wifi card, which has a Bluetooth that is USB based, that seems to be the only networked USB device. It doesn't work either, although I configured it in UIAC with connector type 255 (internal).

I use the external mouse & keyboard as well.

What are the specific configurations which makes the touchpad recognised(from your config pack) ? maybe I can just work with that for now(with the previous configuration) until I manage to get the DSDT patch detected.

• Moderators

Did you add the DSDT back with files I attached? You suppose to replace all the files and not merge.

The SSDT's + DSDT renaming in Config file are hot patches that replace any DSDT patching, so no DSDT is needed.

Try disabling or removing the Intel wifi/bluetooth to fix the sleep issue.

If you want to use your files and patch the DSDT for touchpad, here're the patches you'll need to apply

Spoiler

# Patch by Jake Lo (osxlatitude)
# Confirmed working on Dell with I2C Alps
# Latitude 7280, 7480, 5580, 7490
# VoodooI2C & VoodooI2CHID must be install to /L/E
# All Credits to Alexandre Daoud

#============== GPI0 Status patch
# Ensures that OS X can enumerate the GPI0 controller
# Written and maintained by Alexandre Daoud

into method label _STA parent_label GPI0 replace_content begin

Return (0x0F)

end;

#============= Windows 10 DSDT Patch for VoodooI2C
# Allows I2C controllers and devices to be discovered by OS X.
# Based off patches written by RehabMan

into_all method code_regex If\s+\([\\]?_OSI\s+\(\"Windows\s2015\"\)\) replace_matched begin If(LOr(_OSI("Darwin"),_OSI("Windows 2015"))) end;

#============Patch _CRS==========================

into method label _CRS parent_label TPD1 replace_content begin   
Return (ConcatenateResTemplate (SBFB, SBFG))\n                 
end;

#========= Fix IASL bug on some DSDT
# created by Jake Lo
into method label _CRS code_regex Store\s+\(Zero,\s+ECRW\s+\(If\s+\(PM0H\) replace_matched
begin
Store (Zero, ECRW) } If (PM0H)
end;

into method label _CRS code_regex Store\s+\(Zero,\s+F0LN\)\s+?\}\)\) replace_matched
begin
Store (Zero, F0LN)
end;

I'll just remove the Intel card altogether because it has no job.

Initially, I didn't merge the files. I kept a backup of all the clover folder and deleted everything in /patched and placed the ones you sent, did same for config.plist and did as instructed for the kexts(excluding the Broadcom ones because I don't have any Broadcom chip).

I will patch the DSDT with the what you've provided and report progress. I can't predict how long it will take but will ultimately report back.

Thanks again.