• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Administrators

Hi videokid,

Download the bootpack for D430 from the installation drop menu in the website and install the Extra using myhack from the usb installer that you prepared with myhack 3. After that run myfix full mode. Once, you're in the os x system, install EDP, run myfix full mode and reboot. That should do it.

Cheers!

I used myhack 2.2, EDP 2.2 and Lion 10.7.3 dmg installed Lion on D430 U7700.

Using iMac to create the usb pen:

Erase the pen, then start myhack, specify the destination and the source (lion dmg), when finish, it'll ask if using default extra or custom one, tell it where your extracted extra from EDP2.2 is.

Now you have the usb installer. plug it into D430, also plug external keyboard and mouse and use -v option to boot the usb.

After done installation, boot with usb installer again into the boot menu and choose the partition where lion just installed.

In your new lion on D430, Run /Extra/edptool.command to rebuild kexts and install boot loader that'll fix things including keyboard and mouse.

I got Lion running on D430 ok except wifi (no clue how to make my DW1395 work here and don't know which wifi card will guaranty to work with D430 Lion)

Let me know how this works

Okay, good job. On my 3rd try I managed to install Lion onto my D430 U7700.

I created the USB pen on my iMac Intel using a 16GB pen that I split into 2 8GB partitions. I used myHack3.1 to install everything onto the 1st 8GB partition.

Here's what may have made the difference for my successful install:

- when I finished creating the USB pen with myHack, I replaced the Extra folder (that myHack installed) with the one downloaded from this site (specifically for the D430 and Lion)

- I also trashed the boot file that myHack had installed: it didn't seem right, compared to my other Dell Hackintoshes, as it was an EXE file, while all the other boot files on my Dells are simple Documents

- I then ran Chameleon (the one you download from the page here explaining how to Install OS X, I don't remember the exact version) and in the setup the only different option I chose was to uncheck GraphicsEnabler=Yes. Chameleon put a NEW boot file on the USB pen and this time it was a Document (not an EXE)

- I then ran myFix and installed myHack Utilities

This pen booted the D430 normally and, unlike the other attempted installs, I had a working trackpad and keyboard for the install.

When myHack got to the point where it asked me what Extra folder to use, I selected My Own and navigated to the Extra folder on the USB pen. I installed it, the Lion installation finished, and I rebooted from the USB pen, then selected my Lion partition at the Chameleon boot window. It booted fine with no flags.

I had a working trackpad and keyboard at first boot, but it still asked me for an external keyboard. But I just had to plug it in, as I then used the trackpad and built-in keyboard to complete the setup.

Everything seems fast and stable. I haven't installed EDP yet. Should I use EDP 2.2 and then update to 3? Or install 3 right away?

What do you consider the best kext configurations for Lion on the D430?

As always, the plan is to install EDP and Chameleon, rebuild kexts with Kext Wizard, then update to 10.7.3.

Chameleon: is it best to uncheck GraphicsEnabler=Yes?

I have a DW1395 wifi card that I will install later and use the Broadcom kexts that others have mentioned. I did this under Snow Leopard too and it worked fine.

• Administrators

Dear moonman,Great to hear that you system is up and running. You should use our latest EDP 3 for lion.One of our crew that have a D430 may advice you on the best kext options.If you have an nvidia graphics card you may need the graphics enabler = yes flag.Cheers!

I am a new comer to this wonderful site. I got the similar problem as Alissa, and I am using MyHack 3.1. The installation hang even after I use MyFix. I want to try the MyHack 2.1 version, but there is no download link.

Can someone tell me where can I download MyHack 2.1?

Jerome

Hi there,

I'm attempting to install Lion on my newly acquired D430. I've followed the steps in the guide:

1) I've wiped and partitioned a USB drive

2) Downloaded and used MyHack 3.0, following the MyHack guide for Lion

3) Deleted the /extra folder and copied the relevant D430 boot package to the USB drive

4) Set the BIOS to defaults, running version A07

5) Booted from the USB

This is where it goes wrong. It gets to the initial myHackUSB install disk, there's a blank screen and after awhile I get the spinning icon. But before it gets into the installer, it kernel panics and asks me to reboot. I've tried booting with -v and -v -x and this still occurs. I've also tried various BIOS options (e.g. speedstep) but nothing appears to make a difference.

Any ideas? The attached is the kernel panic message; the first is the standard boot with no flags and the second is with -v -x.

• Administrators

Dear Jerome,

For your information, there is no major issue when using myhack 3.1 to prepare the usb installer. You just need to run it again to install Extra bootpack for your model downloaded from the Installation top menu above and then run myfix full mode. You also need to boot with mach_kernel arch=i386 -v -f. We have also released EDP 3 which have been improved to work in tandem with myhack / myfix.

Cheers!

What do you consider the best kext configurations for Lion on the D430?

When running EDP for a D430 this is what I have used with success (this is from 2.2 but I suspect 3 is very similar):

Answers to Question from top menu:

Kext Config (1)

Model selected: D4x0 (1)

Mouse/Keyboard driver: VoodooPS2Controller (2)

Battery driver: VoodooBattery.kext (standard) (y)

Install NullCPUPowerManagement (when Yes this includes Install SleepEnabler): (y)

Emulate speedstep: (y)

If you only want 10.7.3 then download the 10.7.3 installer separately from Apple site http://goo.gl/u8kNY

If you go for 10.7.4 then check the forum for fixes (https://osxlatitude.com/index.php?/topic/1363-start-your-engines-1074-is-here/).

Cheers