Update Partition (10.15.5) not visible in Clover

denkteich

Hi all,

I'm trying to install the update to 10.15.5.

When I reboot, the Install partition is not listed in Clover.

I tried to download the update manually and tried to install ist, same result.

Any suggestion on what to do? How do I get the Update installed?

Is there any way to get the partition visible?

cheers

.d

Hello!

Which MacOS version are you upgrading from? 10.15.4 to 10.15.5? Or something else?

Usually, missing partition in bootloader is related to drivers. APFS or HFS. So...if both ApfsDriverLoader.efi and HFSPlus.efi or VboxHFS.efi are present in your drivers/UEFI folder (I'm guessing your system uses UEFI), then I'm not sure...

Another thing to look for is hidden drives (can be done from config). In Clover GUI, you can press F3 to show all drives. It should be something like "boot macos from Install" or something like that.

Also, which hardware are we talking about? Could you, please, add the hardware info to your signature? :D It might make things a little clearer. :)) 

Actually, I've read the same thing on other forums. So...you might not be the only one with this issue. Weird... Maybe broken package? Idk... I used every beta since 10.15.4 to 10.15.5 final and no issues updating. So it could be that the 10.15.5 update introduced something new, and only creates issues when upgrading from 10.15.4 (probably older, too)...? No idea.

Anyway, glad you managed to get it installed. Using the full installer was indeed the right call. :) 

Enjoy! :) 

I too encounter the same issue when upgrade from 10.15.4 to 10.15.5 or 10.15.6.

The "Catalina - Data" partition does not show up at all. In the previous upgrade before 10.15.4, it always show up when upgrade.

Any clue what to troubleshoot?