start your engines 10.7.4 is here :-)

sipart

Hi All,

I just wanted to let you know I got 10.7.4 up and running on my D630 Nvidia. I struggled a bit with trying the upgrade while on EDP2.2, every time I would upgrade, I would get the black screen problem. (it seems like there is a fix, I just can't find it). Anyways, what i did was to:

Install MyHack Utils (My Hack 3.1)

updated to EDP 3

Update to 10.7.4

Replace AppleACPIPlatform.kext with the older version

Re-run epdtool and do a fresh install.

The last step took quite a while in the setting permissions part, but eventually finished!

The improvement with EDP 3 is actually really noticeable! Also, the machine seems to be running a lot cooler. Previously the temp was around 50-55 degrees during normal use, and up to 75 when taking a backup. Now it's hovering around 40degrees during normal use. I don't know whether it's the software reporting the wrong temp, or the speedstep emulator is just that much better......anyway, it makes me feel good about it and that's what's important!!;)

Ok, so what you need todo is to copy the kext to your usb pen, boot from it and open terminal.

1. Mount your HD via the >>> mount -uw / <<< command

[...]

3. copy the 10.7.3 kext to sle

cp -R <path to good kext>/AppleACPIPlatform.kext /System/Library/Extensions/

Newby questions!

1. How do I mount the harddisk itself, I think with "mount -uw /" I only mount the usb-drive from which I boot?

2. What is the path to the kext when I copied it to rootlevel and it's name is (for example) "usb-drive"?

Thanks!