start your engines 10.7.4 is here :-)

sipart

Okay,

So if you don't do things backwards and especially don't use myfix the D830 works with 10.7.4.

I highly recommend installing EDP3 before upgrading and not using the myhack version of myfix.

Right now, everything is working, sleep, wireless, etc with the following exceptions:

The two top mousepad buttons, my favorites.

Lots of HD access but that often happens on a fresh upgrade for me.

Ethernet, but I've not looked at it.

So, here is what I did....

Updated to 10.7.4 with the autoupdates (I could have sworn I turned that off)

After reboot and applying the black screen fix everything was working.

Read on this thread that myfix full was a good thing to do, so did it.

Lost my network card.

Figured out silksvn on windows.

Got EDP3 and did a build.

The recommended parameters caused a "must reboot" while redoing the kext cache.

Tried the following settings:

Model selected: D830-nvidia (Dell Latitude D830, Nvidia graphics card)

PS2 driver: 1

Battery driver: VoodooBattery

Install NullCPUPowerManagement: yes

Install SleepEnabler: yes

Install AppleHDADisabler: yes

Install VoodooTSCsync: yes

Use custom kernel: no

Use custom chameleon: no

Emulated speedstep: yes

And here I am....

Thanks for the help with the myfix problem Syonagar! I'll try to work on the excessive HD access next.

PeterC

4. Set correct permissions on file

chmod -R 755 rm -Rf /System/Library/Extensions/AppleACPIPlatform.kext

chown -R root:wheel rm -Rf /System/Library/Extensions/AppleACPIPlatform.kext

Leon, you have extra "rm -Rf" in the commands above. Copy paste :P . I think you meant

chmod -R 755 /System/Library/Extensions/AppleACPIPlatform.kext

chown -R root:wheel /System/Library/Extensions/AppleACPIPlatform.kext

I had some strange errors on my D630 upgrading to 10.7.4 after following the instructions here -- I'm OK in the end, but had to replace VodooHDA with an older version (otherwise had Kernel Panic) and delete from /Extra/Extensions dir BCM5722D.kext -- it loaded ok but seemed to conflict with the default that was working fine from 10.7.3.

Before I updated to 10.7.4 I did update to EDP 3 and myHack as recommended. I also updated to Chameleon V2.1 - 1902...

I have Wifi, wired ethernet and everything else working great! Just did the Safari update as well.

Thanks all!

That's great adrouart. Can you please tell me how you got wifi working. Did you get a wifi usb adapter or a broadcom wifi adapter(internal)

I have Wifi, wired ethernet and everything else working great! Just did the Safari update as well.

The Dell D630 comes with one of the 2 choices of WIFI cards - I believe one of them is the Intel chipset the other broadcom. Only broadcomm is supported with Lion/Hackintosh setups today. (My dmesg output says: AirPort_Brcm43224 for my wifi card)

You can find Dell D630 compatible, Broadcom based "internal" wifi chips on Ebay for $10-$30 and they work great (and don't require the external usb, etc.). (Example here: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Dell-D630-1525-XPS-M1530-Wireless-WIFI-Broadcom-802-11G-WX781-/280865296325?pt=US_Internal_Network_Cards&hash=item4164e04fc5#ht_533wt_907)

I actually did the switch myself a few months back (and kept fingers crossed) but have had zero problems... the D630 is a rocking OSX machine with and SSD and wireless, almost everything works perfect. (Get the random Kernel Panics sometime after sleeping the machine..)

Good luck!

That's great adrouart. Can you please tell me how you got wifi working. Did you get a wifi usb adapter or a broadcom wifi adapter(internal)

To other 10.7.4 Lion users: Is it me, or does 10.7.4 seem to run noticeably better on the D630 than 10.7.3, or is that just EDP 3 making the difference?

Curious because qualitatively I feel "happier" with this upgrade and I want to make sure I give credit where credit is due! :)

• Administrators

Dear adrouart,

I believe its the EDP 3. So far my system has yet to KP on me. Previously, I always KP on VoodooHDA.kext every now and then. Further, I believe the EDP crew has added new goodies to EDP 3 to further improve system stability and performance.

Cheers!

• Administrators

Hi,

Is there a guide to upgrade from 10.7.3 to 10.7.4 on Latitude E6400 please? I searched lots of web places but didn't find anything useful.

TIA

We are running some tests on EDP 3 right now.. we have a few tricks up our sleves..