Lenovo Thinkpad T410s EFI & plist

CroJack

I can see some people have successfully installed macOS with full graphics hardware acceleration on Lenovo Thinkpad T410s. I have searched through OSXLatitude forums but I can't find any EFI. Is it possible for you to share your EFI or at least Clover plist? Thanks in advance :)

• Administrators

No such files and/or folders were posted here. Looks like the only proper guide we have for this model is Jake Lo's Mavericks guide which dates back to many years ago.

T410s is an ageing laptop with 1st gen Intel HD graphics iGPU or Tesla nVidia graphics dGPU. As you probably know, this iGPU always required specific tuning to be supported on Hackintosh and this support was only under conditions (see Bible on 1st gen Intel HD at InsanelyMac). 1st gen Intel HD graphics are last officially supported in macOS High Sierra; abandoned in Mojave/Catalina due to lack of support for Metal as are nVidia Tesla GPUs and Intel HD3000. There are tricks that can be implemented to obtain partial and OpenGL-only graphics acceleration on those dropped GPUs.

My advice would be to go for macOS High Sierra to begin with and build a working Clover setup before you attempt any more recent versions like Mojave or Catalina.

Please post your laptops full hardware specs (CPU, graphics, screen resolution, audio, LAN, wireless, etc.) and we'll try and help you build a Clover setup. Is the BIOS legacy only or does it support UEFI mode?

I've read them already, but some things are too complicated. I have actually installed High Sierra on it, but without QE/CI, which makes it unusable. Just wondered if anyone here succeeded in installing any of MacOS versions from Maverick to High Sierra. I run Hackintosh on my main computer with Xeon CPU and Radeon RX570 (both Mojave and Catalina on separate hard drives) and on my Dell Latitude 5530 i5 and Intel HD4000 (Catalina). 

• Administrators

If you already have High Sierra, then it's a "simple"' matter of following the 1st gen Intel HD guide and adjusting the graphics settings for 10.13 and your screen resolution.

Discussions about support for 1st gen Intel HD graphics started on p68 in the bible thread. Read on, I'm sure details are provided throughout the subsequent pages.

https://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/286092-guide-1st-generation-intel-hd-graphics-qeci/?page=68