[Solved] DW1510: not working in my E6230

nicdouille

Hello,

I have the same problem with the DW1510 WiFi on Catalina as detailed here.

I read the thread but i don't understand how to switch WLAN to 1/2 Mini Pcie slot.

Do i need to open the E6230 ? Or change it through the system.

Many thanks for your help

Edited by Hervé
Removed erroneous 10.14.6 version for Catalina...

• Administrators

@nicdouille, Please refer to our wireless cards inventory thread for information and guidance on how to get DW1510 card supported in Catalina 10.15. It was last fully and natively supported in Mojave 10.14.

If, despite the workaround solution, your DW1510 doesn't work and you feel your card behaves as described in the thread you linked, I recommend you consult the user and maintenance manual for the E6230 on Dell's web site (support section). Yes, you would need to remove the back cover under the laptop (1 single screw to release) to see the 3 x mini PCIe slots; 1 is full size and labelled WWAN, whilst the other 2 are half size and labelled WLAN + 1/2 MINI respectively. WLAN & WWAN are actually combo slots PCIe+BT; 'not sure about the 1/2 MINI one.

NB: The wireless On/Off switch on the right side of the laptop is a software/windows driver control for wireless devices (BT/WLAN/WWAN, all configureable in BIOS). It's therefore of no use/consequence in macOS. Check that wireless is duly enabled in BIOS though.