PayPal donations: [email protected] ×
doctorultra

E7470 Error Update Big Sur

Clover's full compatibility with Big Sur remains etchy. You should really consider a switch to OpenCore instead. There are now several threads related to installing Big Sur on the E7x70, including an update of JakeLo's guide with a full OpenCore EFI folder. 

• Like 1

Yes, the version of OC is driven by the OC binaries in the EFI folder of the EFI partition. With OC, it's not like Clover for which we had installation apps, you simply replace the binaries.

That or you mount the existing EFI partition of your disk, delete all of its (Clover) contents and paste/place the OC EFI folder in there. It's as simple as that...

Last question, are there any software/ apps to change the config.plst for OC, because for Clover there is a Clover configurator?

An OpenCore Configurator app is available from same place you'd download Clover Configurator but it's been reported to corrupt the config file. From memory, Dortania recommends not to use it. Keep that in mind if you choose to use it...

it works, i copied the oc and boot folder under efi and it works as well hdd as usb.

with which tool should i maintain the config of oc and how do you mount the efi folder, i monted it with kext updater?

Furthermore i would like to know, how can i disable the debugging messages, with AppleDebug = false?

disable AppleDebug, ApplePanic, DisableWatch Dog

to mount EFI, I use an app call ESP Mounter Pro.app

• Like 1