Latitude 3400: USB and Trackpad problems in Big Sur

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

updated to OC 0.64  and tried a  cheapo  USB3 to HDMI ( fresco logic, ali-exprss)   beside the buildin HDMI and USB-c to HDMI Works!!  I can drive 4 screens now with the Latitude 3400 ( 3 ex

ALC3204 = ALC236 Try layoutid 3, 11, or 54 You currently have set it to 1 As for Touchpad, you need to add a satellite kext besides the VoodooI2C. Most likely you need VoodooHID. 

itlwm.kext or  Airportitlwm.kext, not both. If itlwm.kext, you need to use Heliport.app to configure settings For Bluetooth, add IntelBluetoothFirmware + IntelBluetoothInjector Did you add V

Posted Images

Hi,

22 hours ago, Jake Lo said:

Question: Did you select 'Reset NVRam' each time you made the changes

Sorry:  I didn't   

Now I copied  3400_12C_5  Reset nvram and reboot     but still no trackpad :-(

Should I retry your other options as well?  ( I'll do it anyway.... )

My  Dell 3400 has one other problem:   after a reboot or cold start the HDMI-port only works after taking it out and back into the Laptop,  and the HDMI-port doesn't survive a sleep-session. 

updated to OC 0.64  and tried a  cheapo  USB3 to HDMI ( fresco logic, ali-exprss)   beside the buildin HDMI and USB-c to HDMI

Works!! 

I can drive 4 screens now with the Latitude 3400 ( 3 external & buildin)

:-)

dell_4screen.thumb.jpg.080d0a58cd19efd527aa7906ecf42d0d.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

@Jorge1964, I have upgraded to OpenCore 0.64 but still no Trackpad. :-( I shall take a look at the EFI from davidfrei7as, hope that will solve it.... If I get it to work, I 'll post a EFI here. 

Edit:

@Jorge1964, Thanks for pointing my to davidfrei7as: his EFI is pure gold.

• Administrators

Guys, please keep this thread on-topic and open separate ones for unrelated matters. Thank you. Your discussion about wireless and iMessages was moved to its own thread.