Dell Latitude E6320 Thread

Antony

Any fix or kext for the camera? Mine is reported as this in the system profile:

Laptop_Integrated_Webcam_HD:

Model ID: UVC Camera VendorID_3141 ProductID_25651

Unique ID: 0x1a1500000c456433

Also, my camera is reported as a different model.

Model ID: UVC Camera VendorID_7119 ProductID_10624

Unique ID: 0x1a1500001bcf2980

• Administrators

I think we need to look no further: this is clearly different hardware which appears to identify as some integrated webcam from Sunplus Innovation Technology Inc. (PCI ven id 0x1bcf, dev id 0x2980).

Maybe the other Sonix HD Webcam (PCI ven id 0x0c45, dev id 0x6433) model would work Ok with a DSDT patch if that's at all feasible. In fact, the DSDT provided in the packs may actually apply to this particular Sunplus model, not the Sonix one, hence the issue. It's already all on p6 of this very thread but it's typical example of a thread that's gone too long, in all senses of the words...

i don't have the E6320 any more but if someone with the Sonix camera could provide a raw IOReg + a raw DSDT and same for Sunplus camera, I'd be happy to look at the tables and try and patch things accordingly.

Also, my camera is reported as a different model.

Model ID: UVC Camera VendorID_7119 ProductID_10624

Unique ID: 0x1a1500001bcf2980

What OS X are you using?  I am on 10.9.4

I think we need to look no further: this is clearly different hardware which appears to identify as some integrated webcam from Sunplus Innovation Technology Inc. (PCI ven id 0x1bcf, dev id 0x2980).

Maybe the other Sonix HD Webcam (PCI ven id 0x0c45, dev id 0x6433) model would work Ok with a DSDT patch if that's at all feasible. In fact, the DSDT provided in the packs may actually apply to this particular Sunplus model, not the Sonix one, hence the issue. It's already all on p6 of this very thread but it's typical example of a thread that's gone too long, in all senses of the words...

i don't have the E6320 any more but if someone with the Sonix camera could provide a raw IOReg + a raw DSDT and same for Sunplus camera, I'd be happy to look at the tables and try and patch things accordingly.

Herve,

How can I provide you with that, if I am already using a patched DSDT?  And How do I provide the IOReg?  I'll gladly send you any items you need.

What's even more interesting, is that I have a mackintosh build based on an ASUS ROG Gene V that has been working flawlessly since 10.8.  I just went and tried my logitech c510 usb camera and it also has the black screen on any app that uses it (that computer is now on 10.9.4).  It was working perfectly in 10.9.2!

Now, I am wondering if something happened with the 10.9.4 update.  It's odd I have the identical issues on two completely different hackintoshes.

• Administrators

If your laptop is able to boot OS X without any DSDT file (you may not have a fully working system but that's irrelevant), you can use tools such as DSDTEditor or Chameleon Wizard to extract your raw DSDT from BIOS.

For the IOReg, you can use IORegistryExplorer (v2 is often better than v3) and save the IOReg output, again having ideally booted without a DSDT file.

Here are the files you request.  Again, thanks for the help.

Herve, I did just start using your FakeSMC and DSDT from your guide (originally using Pepto's).  Now I no longer have to use "-f" boot flag and I am getting x32 speedstep.  I did not need to use Generate P or C states in my chameleon.boot plist.

e6320 - files.zip

• Administrators

Ok, good.

I have mixed feelings about selecting P and C states in the Chameleon boot plist in fact. Reason for this is that I noticed a different behaviour a few days ago when re-doing a Mavericks installation on my wife's E6420 (yes E6420, not E6320). Booting without P & C states in the boot plist, I noticed the CPU was always running in the turbo boost/post-nominal speed frequencies, never idling at low speed. However, if I added P & C states in the boot plist, CPU would idle at a few hundred MHz as expecting, boosting to Turbo speed only on heavy load.

That's my own very recent experience on the matter, I don't have the E6320 any more, so can't check that out.