Dell Latitude E6320 Thread

Antony

Yep even that, i have tried to add a boot option /EFI/CLOVER/CLOVERX64.EFI but no luck to boot from it. My Yosemite boots without problems on the same device with the same bios settings. I have also tried the yosemite config.

I have it running El Capitan on a E6320 :-P Problem of booting was that i have to revert the Apple filesystem with the Corestorage command [sudo diskutil corestorage revert / ] After that rebooting and formating EFI with [sudo newfs_msdos -V EFI -F 32 /dev/rdisk0s1] install clover and everything OK

Yosemite 10.10

(2nd edit)

I even tried removing the Atheros wifi card, same kp. picture attached.

2iuf77o.jpg

E6320 with i5-2520M

I replaced the wifi PCI card with a AR5BHB92 (ar9280) card.  I am trying to install on a sandisk 128GB SSD.

(edit) do i have to use BCM94322HM8L adapter for wifi instead?  I see with some more reading that perhaps i ordered the wrong card.

(/edit)

Using bootpack from zip file on Jake Lo post #2 on the page linked below:

I am experiencing difficulties getting my USB to fully boot.  In other words, I cannot begin installation to my SSD because it has a kp during boot.  I followed the directions here:

https://osxlatitude.com/index.php?/topic/7478-dell-latitude-e6xxxe7xxx-yosemite-install-guide/&do=findComment&comment=45222

I follow step 1)

I renamed the DSDT for E6320 to

DSDT.aml

I skip 2) because I don't have a E6420/E6520.

3) I follow step a) and then B) "from another" for i5-2550M

c) then places SSDT.dsl and SSDT.aml on the desktop.  I'm kinda lost at this point.  Opening it in Chameleon Wizard seems to just duplicate the files onto the desktop again.

Does anyone have a screenshot of how the org.chameleon.Boot.plist should be configured?  This is another place I'm unclear.  What to do for DSDT and SSDT files?

When I boot off the USB, it comes to a "Dell-like" screen, then i can boot -v if i want.  It seems like it gets really far along before it has a kp.

last line it loads is:

Read HFS+ file: [hd(0,2)/System/Library/Extensions/TMSafetyNet.kext/Contencts/MacOS/TMSafetyNet]

Then it changes from text on "dell" colored background to just white on black font.

some of the lines I can read that seem to be critical:

"name" not a kext

"Kernel-__SYMTAB" not a kext

SuperIODevice [Fatal] found unsupported chip! ITE sequence ID=0x300, Winbond sequence ID=0xffff

VoodooPS2Trackpad: Identify TouchPad command returned incorrect byte 2 of 3

ApplePS2Controller: Time out on mouse input stream

Any advice is extremely appreciated.

Hello,

maybe someone could help. I have a good running build of 10.10.5 installed on my E6320, but the last issue is the sound. First, the level is pretty low at the 3.5mm trs out, works fine with internal speakers. And second no output at all through the connectors of portreplicator. Any Ideas?