Dell Latitude E6320 Thread

Antony

Malik,

As noted, you cannot have the VoodooSDHC.kext driver loaded with the system and retain sleep. If you want to use the SD card, you will have to load the driver manually when you intend to use it. 

Please read the instructions above and attempt to load the driver, if you come across any errors, ill be glad to review and help you get it going.

Thanks,

Dave

Dave,

Now wake up is working if i not plug my WiFi USB Adapter TP-LINK 725N. I think wake problem appear if i plug USB WiFi adapter. Please give me a solution whether any kext patch or i must replace my internal WiFi card?

Regards,

Malik

The idea is not to patch the binary, but the Info.plist of the kext so that it matches the id of your own SD card reader.

https://osxlatitude.com/index.php?/topic/7346-applesdxc-sd-card-driver-on-e7440/

The instructions indicate that the OP patched his binary. Is this unnecessary?

The driver matches on IOName, which has a default value of pci14e4,16bc.

This needs to change. First I patched the binary driver AppleSDXC with

the following perl script.

perl -pi -e 's|pci14e4,16bc|pci1217,8520|g' AppleSDXC

Next you need to modify the following section of Info.plist from

• Administrators

In my case it were indeed unecessary: I just patched the Info.plist file and it worked on my E6440. Less hassle...

Otherwise, please note that all kext binary contents are normally in .kext/Contents/MacOS subfolder and the binary file usually bears the name of .

The VEN/DEV will not be the same. For my E6420/E6430/6430U, it's pci1217,8221

Mine is 1217 8221 as well, but I'm not having any luck. I'm just editing the plist of the kext directly in the /System/Library/Extensions/ directory. Am I doing anything wrong?