Upgrading a D620 from 10.7.3 to 10.7.4... Fail!

The Vegetator

Yes, startup and shutdown are slow. Sleep works fine though so I won't need it much.

Sound works OK with option 0.

Trying an EDP build now with Voodoo sync off to see if it fixes my dual core issue... I upgraded my CPU to a T7600 which I think is quite rare for a D620...

• Administrators

I'm trying Lion with EDP3.1 v349 on my D630 at the moment. I've noticed EDP was updated tonight. Chameleon installation appeared to fail or only partially complete: I had an error message that I failed to write down and, on rebooting, I only got the text-based menu instead of the usual graphics. Bug? Things do not work well since, so I'm starting afresh.

Will hopefully get through and attempt the 10.7.4 upgrade. I'll then see if latest EDP improves those startup/shutdown times.

(This really is like tennis: the more you play, the better you get! :D )

• Administrators

Bad news on that 10.7.4 upgrade. I can't reboot at all, D630 is stuck with "Still waiting for root device".

Maybe the solution would be to get to 10.7.4 all the way with EDP 2.2 and only then install EDP 3.1 to improve boot times.

• Administrators

if your using an old distro of edp with myhack wich creates myhack.kext in s/l/e and 0edp.kexts is still there they will conflict with each other. so please use the newest versions of both edp and myhack, both methodes are tied together so using old methodes with new just because edp 2.1 "is on hand" causes issues.