Latitude 7410: Big Sur - help needed

dodox

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The device does have 4 Ports (2 USB3 Ports on the right and 2 USB-C ports on the left).

At the time of the IOReg 2.1 export there were devices connected (don't know if that matters / helps).

On the right side two USB Keyboard / Mouse dongles - on the left side one USB-C LAN network adapter and a Thunderbolt dock (DELL TB16).

The forum does have a file limit - please take the EFI from the first post as this has been compressed by 7z (I used a different computer for this as it is not available on my mac).

Attached IOReg.

Thanks!

7410.ioreg

• Moderators

are there changes made from the 1st post?

you can remove all the Intel an BT kexts. those are taking up space. You can also compress by right clicking and selecting compress using MacOS' builtin utility.

:) I know but compressed it is above 26MB (allowed on this forum is 19MB).

If I remove the Intel BT files bluetooth wont work and I've added them for other people to get them faster on track.

Did a compare. EFI from 1.st post is working.

Ive added "igfxblk" and a USB kext generated by hackintool.

Removed the firmware so I can upload.

OC.zip

• Moderators

Your custom USBPort kext is not enabled but XhciPortLimit quirk is in your last Config file

The custom USBPorts kext is not configure correctly as well it seems, no USB 3.0 / 2.0, only internal.

Try these 2 ssdt. One for I2C touchpad and the other for USB-C port hopefully

Make sure to add VoodooI2CHID and VoodooI2C + plugins

USB-C&I2C.zip

Haha I thought my kext did something but how could it if it is disabled ..🙄

Thank you for trying but it seems that booth SSDTs did not work.

Added the SSDT + added to config but when I connect the USB-C LAN adapter it is still not recognized at runtime.

About the I2C Ive disabled the VodooPS2 and added the I2C + I2HID but the keyboard / mouse stopped working.

Does the IOReg changes with a different EFI or is it captured at low level and is always the same?

Edit: Rebooted with XhciPortLimit = off but everithing is the same.

7410.ioreg OC_no_firmware_and_airport.zip

• Moderators

You still need VoodooPS2 for keyboard. The voodooI2C is for touchpad only. Get rid of VoodooI2CElan. Not for this system unless you're sure it does.

When re-enabling VoodooPS2, make sure to leave out voodooInput since you already have it in VoodooI2C. Having both will cause KP.

According to your new file, custom USBport kext is still disabled.

Yes each time you make any changes, IOReg file will change as well.

Do all the update above, but remove ssdt-typc. Boot with all the USB ports connected. Launch MacIASL which will launch the System_DSDT. Compress and attach the file.

When you have the USB-C device connected, does it show as a PCI device on the menubar?

What do you mean?

I dont have any hardware modification or something plugged in. They are listed as express cards - I dont know why.

Odd, in comment #109397 me replies to your answer were deleted??