Gateway MD7818u

jdc6799

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am not giving!! I am pretty sure it is possible to install OSX on this machine. I have been looking online and have found there are other methods to install "unifail, iboot (chameleon, stolen and rebranded), and with a 10.6.6 disk. Should I attempt another method or continue trying to resolve the 'Still waiting for root issue"? I do not know which would be best.

1. Dont install 10.8, since you have not QE/CI support (accelrated graphics), ML will suck extra much.. go for Lion or SL

2. seems you need IOATAFamily.kext to fix the "Waiting for root device"

Get it from here: IOATAFamily.kext.zip

Leon,

There are two issues here

1. when I tried to install 10.7 I got a BootCacheControl error (See earlier post). When you asked if it was lion or mountain lion I ASSuMEd I should try 10.8, so I did like a noob.

2. When I tried to install 10.8 I got the 'still waiting for root' error. I have not tried your fix because you told me not to install 10.8.

I can not find a fix for the BootCache error. I thought I needed the 'bootcache.playlist.kext' but I am having trouble finding it online.

Thanks for you patients with a noob

• Administrators

The bootCache error is not the error, thats just a normal message.. the problem is what comes afterwards.. and i think that is the issue...

could you boot with:

-x -v