Dell Latitude E6520 Mountain Lion

Igashu

Well I cant get beyond this issue.  

USBF: 242.463 [long hex number see pic] The IOUSBFamily was not able to enumerate device blah blah blah.

20130114_224631_zpsceb11cb4.jpg

Until I can get round that I will never be able to install/upgrade.   :huh:

FYI, Im using the A15 BIOS.  Wonder if that could be my problem.    :wacko:

I see an ath_dev_attach failure up there too; you may want to remove the DeviceMergeNub.kext if you're not using the Atheros wifi card.  Is this failure just trying to boot to the myHack installer, or after installing and trying to boot from your drive?

Thats booting the USB drive trying to install.

And where should I remove that from S/L/E on my existing install or is it "coming" from the boot volume?

Edit: I did use spotlight to serch and found 6 instances of the devicemergenub.kext and I trashed them all.

Still no joy!

Waiting for root device messages just scroll up the screen.

I have a real Apple Airport card in my NIC Slot, Cant remember if I got that after I installed the OS or not.  Might try installing without it in slot and see what happens.

One thing you can try, to eliminate the possibility of it being an actual USB device issue, is to create an ~8gb partition on your ssd, use myHack to set THAT up as an installer, and boot to that partition from Chameleon.  I have done that before too, and it does work... other than that I'm at a bit of a loss as to why it won't boot for you.

• Administrators

check the org.chameleon.Boot.plist to see if you have any type of usb fixes going on. maybe you need to play around with those options. if it's on turn it off or vise versa. you might need an older usb kext added to your E/E also.

Now got audio (with Voodoo enabler), volume buttons (don't know how), ethernet (default e1000e), wifi (old card from a D630), WWAN (dell 5550), bluetooth, camera (default FHD), touchpad, keyboard (with no backslash).

Still can't make work battery (tried 3 different versions of VoodooBattery.kext) , speedstep, sleep (tried sleepenabler.kext) and shutdown.

And somebody knows why iMessage and Facetime don't work?

• Administrators

iMessage, yes that is due to some recent changes Apple made, but help is on the way and there is now a Chameleon fix for it.

Facetime, check the web site blog and adjust your settings as detailed. I assume your webcam is compatible.