E6410 with nVidia NVS 3100M graphics - Mountain Lion Guide

v3ct0r

Great work on getting OS X running!

As Jake Lo wrote, unfortunately, the DW1501/4313 will not work with OS X.

Your best bet would be to purchase a Dell Wireless 1510/Broadcom 4311 internal wireless card, or a Mac compatible external air card (Like the Netgear n150; I believe someone posted the driver for it somewhere in this thread).

thks again.

following your suggestion, i've ordered one broadcom 4322 this morning.can't wait to replace my 4313 with it. 

many thks  :)

Great post! Now my E6410 is a near perfect hackintosh.

My E6410 has EMEA INTEL PRO WIRELESS 6200 adapter, and it doesn't work with the Extra/Extensions you provided.

Any suggestions?

Thank you.

As Herve said, the Intel wireless card is not supported.

The kexts in /Extra/Extensions are meant for the Broadcom 4322/Dell Wireless 1510.

EDIT: My mistake, I meant the Broadcom 4322, not 4311 as the 4322 is wireless-n capable.

Hey Patel

Remember me? lol Well I have a progress report for you.

I have been busy for a while. Just got a chance to do an update since my last post. Well as it was my E6510 just crossed a major milestone. I realized my video was choppy and jittery along with the notification bar being pixelated and jumpy. I did some research and found out i did not have CI Core Image or QE Quartz Extreme functions. 

Well I stumbled around and found these Kexts that Gave me CI Core Image. This is after trying for QE and CI together then i had to dig the QE stuf out and re-installed the CI Core Image Kexts using Kext Wizard. Ok i then repaired cashe and permissions and rebooted.

My core image works perfectly now to my surprise. To prove it I went to System Preference / Screensaver and chose the first at the top left. If you see the pictures in the preview window then it is proof that CI Core Image is functioning.

I think someone posted the link to the QE/CI Guide earlier in this forum so i wont repost. Plus i dont think i have or dont know how to attach the Kexts here.

Do you think it is possible to get QE going on this E6410 at all? If not i am quite happy with things the way they are now.

I have the E6410 intel Grahics i5 8gig mem and 320Gig HD. I am actually writing this post on the machine right now.

Quick question to admin;

Are you guys anywhere close to publishing an official EDP for the Dell E6410? It would sure be nice as these machines are TANKS.

Ok enough yaking on my part. Once again thank you Patel for your dedication and hard work i am sure it has helped a lot of us.