E6410 with nVidia NVS 3100M graphics - Mountain Lion Guide

v3ct0r

i did remove the file you requested and it still stopped at the same place?????

should i re-build with out that ktext??

Huh...

Try removing AppleIntele1000.kext from S/L/E on the flash drive and see what happens. If its the same error again, put the kexts back...

I will be on vacation this weekend so I am sorry in advance if I can't get back to you as quickly.

Huh...

Try removing AppleIntele1000.kext from S/L/E on the flash drive and see what happens. If its the same error again, put the kexts back...

I will be on vacation this weekend so I am sorry in advance if I can't get back to you as quickly.

sorry for all the ???

i was saying i did remove the kext and it sopped in same place!

and the question was should i try to re-build the thumb drive without that kext???

sorry for all the ???

i was saying i did remove the kext and it sopped in same place!

and the question was should i try to re-build the thumb drive without that kext???

I know. The AppleIntele1000.kext is different and lives in S/L/E, not /Extra

And no, you don't have to rebuild but you could try it anyway. Can't hurt

I know. The AppleIntele1000.kext is different and lives in S/L/E, not /Extra

And no, you don't have to rebuild but you could try it anyway. Can't hurt

thank you i will do this

would the fact i have intel gpu and not the nvidia be an issue? i was thinking this was not a factor until after the install was done

i am really looking forward to seeing mac os x running on my pc! ! !

thank you i will do this

would the fact i have intel gpu and not the nvidia be an issue? i was thinking this was not a factor until after the install was done

i am really looking forward to seeing mac os x running on my pc! ! !

Hahaha! That would in fact be the problem! I thought you had an Nvidia all along!

For now, put all the kexts back where they belong that you removed as this will not solve your problem.

I will get back to you later...

Sorry it took a while to get back...

The hotel I am at has terrible internet access.

Anyhow, try removing these two kexts from S/L/E and rebuild your caches/repair permissions with Kext Wizard if you haven't already after putting those other two kexts back:

[*]AppleIntelHDGraphics.kext

[*]AppleIntelHDGraphicsFB.kext

Dear Patel,

First thanks for your work and guide! I have the same setup as MArc with IntelHD graphics.

First I downloaded the latest E6410 ML 10.8.1 as I've downloaded my retail ML copy this morning.

When you wrote below, what 2 kexts need to be removed from S/L/E? I haven't installed and want to try with the correct fresh kexts? If it wouldn't be too much trouble could you add the proper kexts in a separate zip for those with Intel HD graphics and indicate which steps in your guide change for these graphics?

This may save you a lot of questions. Another route would be to create a separate thread for the guide for Intel HD graphics and I'm sure Marc and I can post our successes there. Thanks!

"Anyhow, try removing these two kexts from S/L/E and rebuild your caches/repair permissions with Kext Wizard if you haven't already after putting those other two kexts back:

AppleIntelHDGraphics.kext

AppleIntelHDGraphicsFB.kext"

• Like 1

Dear Patel,

First thanks for your work and guide! I have the same setup as MArc with IntelHD graphics.

First I downloaded the latest E6410 ML 10.8.1 as I've downloaded my retail ML copy this morning.

When you wrote below, what 2 kexts need to be removed from S/L/E? I haven't installed and want to try with the correct fresh kexts? If it wouldn't be too much trouble could you add the proper kexts in a separate zip for those with Intel HD graphics and indicate which steps in your guide change for these graphics?

This may save you a lot of questions. Another route would be to create a separate thread for the guide for Intel HD graphics and I'm sure Marc and I can post our successes there. Thanks!

"Anyhow, try removing these two kexts from S/L/E and rebuild your caches/repair permissions with Kext Wizard if you haven't already after putting those other two kexts back:

AppleIntelHDGraphics.kext

AppleIntelHDGraphicsFB.kext"

Hey richbutler1,

I will definately upload a second pack for intel graphics and modify the guide, but before I do so, I would like to confirm what works and what doesn't under it.

Since I don't have a 6410 with intel graphics to test with, Marc and yourself are a big help to me and everyone else in getting mountain lion to work with 6410s with the intel graphics.

OK, but I'm not sure which ones to delete/replace as I have only done this once a while ago and need some guidance.

Do you then have to provide me the kexts? AppleIntelHDGraphics.kext AppleIntelHDGraphicsFB.kext

Are these in the kext wizard already?

I'm not sure which steps to replace in the steps above to include them :( I'd like to try for you but need some guidance.

Oh okay,

Sorry; I didn't understand your previous post very well..

First, if you've downloaded the Mountain Lion installer after 8/24/2012, you need to use the E6410 ML 10.8.1.zip with the guide.

Once you have made your USB Installer, since you are on intel graphics, try and delete the AppleIntelHDGraphics.kext AppleIntelHDGraphicsFB.kext from System/Library/Extensions by doing the following:

1. On a working mac/hackintosh with your USB Installer plugged in, open the flash drive to reveal its contents in Finder
  2. Open the System folder
  3. Open the Library folder
  4. Open the Extensions folder
  5. Delete AppleIntelHDGraphics.kext by dragging it to the Trash from Finder
  6. Delete AppleIntelHDGraphicsFB.kext by dragging it to the Trash from Finder
  7. Use Kext Wizard to repair permissions and rebuild caches (Open Kext Wizard, Navigate to the "Maintenance" tab in the bar at the top, select the USB Installer from the drop-down, select /Extra and /System/Library/Extensions (all check boxes should now be checked), and then click Execute)
  8. Eject your USB Installer from the working mac/hackintosh and try booting to the installer on your E6410 (press F12 at the Dell logo screen/BIOS to enter the One time boot menu and then select the USB Storage Device from the list

Let me know if you have anymore questions