HP Pavilion X360 laptop: need DSDT/SSDT Patch to fix shutdown issue

Mr_T_aus_B

An here is the next one. Could you please try to explain what you are looking for? Actually I would like to understand to do on my own on the next project :-)

BTW: If all you are changing is the patch file and the config then you could just share these, however I might have overlooked something.

My MacBook Pro 2017 ioReg 3.zip

Edited by Mr_T_aus_B
Added a comment

• Administrators

Thqt's the trouble with Baio77. He tends to provide stuff to test without any form of explanations. I'm not even sure he's working on your actual shutdown issue. He mentioned other things he wanted you to test in an erlier post, hence why I asked him to refrain from going off-topic.

• Like 1

It's all in the EFI ACPI folder I passed you over.

If you open the ioreg of the 1st EFI you had and that of the last EFI you notice some variations. The most important at the moment is the activation of the Touchscreen and the addition of PWRB and SLPB devices as is present in real Macs. HP is a bit particular compared to other manufacturers.

GPRW is usually present in laptops is essential.

If you still have problems, I would try to disable the 2 kext SDReader and try. For a better analysis all the ACPI files extracted with EFI Debug would be needed.

I would like to know if you have TB3 or USB Type C ports?

Now I would like to know how the PC behaves.

Everything I did I learned here. If you like this Hackintosh world you will not find more detailed guide.
https://github.com/5T33Z0/OC-Little-Translated

Thank you for sharing this page. I will dive deeper into it during the weekend. For now I would prefer to focus on the shutdown issue. Even if the Touchscreen is working now, it does not solve the shutdown problem. Once the shutdown is fixed I will open another topic for the remaining issues in the related discussion branches.

Therefore, what does help to solve this issue first?

I think everything USB related will do - the following information is based on your EFI #3:

• When the Computer goes to sleep the USB thumb drives do loose connection
  • Today I noticed that the wake up failed (It never did with my own EFI)
  • I have the service handbook of this computer attached. On page 13 the usb c port is just called "USB Type-C SuperSpeed port" So I guess it is not a Thunderbolt port.

HP Service Handbook Pavilion X360 14 - ba.pdf.zip