[Solved] Latitude 7400: unable to install Ventura with OpenCore

Xristomania
Go to solution Solved by Baio77,

Almost a month later I got my bcm94360cs2 and with an adapter I got it working just like stock here. Only problem is that the plastic cover underneath doesn't fully close (I know a bit irrelevant) but I will order a new bcm94360ng adapter that will fit properly. Skipping to the point, everything works flawlessly except for audio jack which I don't really know how to fix and hdmi cold plug (hotplug works normally up to 4k). Haven't had any kernel panics whatsoever and seems to work just as good as any MacBook. I will attach an ioreg if anyone can help me with the audio jack thing. 

Latitude7400ventura.ioreg

On 2/17/2023 at 7:28 AM, Jazzoo said:

Check here ALCPlugFix and add boot arg -  alcverbs=1

This appears to have the right method. I added "alcverbs=1" to boot args and used alcid=77, this brought me closer to make the audio fully working. Based on comment I learnt from another forum, issuing "alc-verb 0x19 0x707 0x20" successfully made the headphone port working. All I need to do is make ALCFPluFix doing the same automatically on Connect/Wake events (may be more), but I am not sure how to convert "0x19 0x707 0x20" to equivalent format for ALCPlugFIx. The author provided no details. May be someone here can help. 

Update (2/23):

I got it working. All I needed to do was to modify the "param" value to "0x20", and set "On Connect" & "On Wake" to TRUE. The verb command "SET_PIN_WIDGET_CONTROL" is actually "0x707" in hex. I've attached my modified sample.plist bellow. Just follow the install instruction.

During the install, it would complain that "ALCPlugFix" is from Unknown source, just ignore it. After install, I went to install directory (/usr/local/bin), and run it once manually, by granting the needed permission.

ALC295-DELL7400.plist.zip

• Like 3