Latitude E6430: OC 0.8.8 Catalina 10.15.7 - Need advice

Viez

• Administrators

Re: sleep, follow the steps detailed in our FAQ topic on the matter. Basically cancel hibernation and revert to plain old sleep with deletion of the sleepimage file.

I'm reviewing your setup and I can already see some stuff needing to be changed. For instance:

1) you patch fbmem which is wrong; no need for such patch on Ivy Bridge HD4000 so make sure to remove that property:

framebuffer-stolenmem        00000004        DATA

2) never seen the need for SSDT-EC-USBX on an Ivy Bridge laptop; afaik, this is for Skylake and later platforms.

3) not sure you need the SSDT-GPRW either.

4) renaming device EC to ECDV normally suffices, I don't thing you need the SSDT-EC-LAPTOP table.

5) don't think you need those PICI and TIMR ACPI patches that I see in your config; need to check the HPET and RTC ones as they look a little unusual to me for the platform.

1.  deleted

2. deleted

3.  jake lo gave me this ssdt, after adding it, dell does not wake up right after entering sleep

4. I did according to the opencore guide

5. SSDT hept  I was using SSDT: Easy Way and add ssdt-hept and path 

I edited ssdt-pnfl, changed all items from IGPU to GFX0, sleep lid started working, but after exiting sleep it will hang. blacklight works but only fn+insertv(up)

edit: disable : ssdt-hept, ssdt-brt6, ssdt-gprw,+ patch hept and gprw, and sleep works but no audio

edit 2: 

I ended up doing a new ssdt-ec-laptop, ssdt-pnfl. 

ssdt-pnfl only works with GFX0 (old IGPU) with IGPU ( fn+insert /\fn+up/down doesn't work)

I unlocked ssdt-hept without a single path(audio came back after that)

ssdt-brt6 doesn't seem to work. fn+up/down does not work, only fn+insert, I only have blacklight up.

I blocked ssdt-gprw rather unnecessary

sleep works with lid

In hackintool in the boot log there are errors related to acpi error brt6,ev5, smme, smie, nevt 

edit 3:

ssdt-gprw unlocked I had unlocked ssdt because dell woke up right after going to sleep

EFI.zip hackintool log boot.txt.zip

I tried everything,

ssdt-pnfl I changed from GFX0 to IGPU no lighting control in menu-> display

ssdt-pnfl with GFX0 works blacklight control in menu-> display

ssdt-brt6 tried with GFX0 with IGPU, does not work....

only fn+insert works

any advice?

Edit: 

I added acpi->Patch

change GFX0 to IGPU find: 47465830 replace: 49475055

now ssdt-pfnl works with IGPU

I managed to fire up the buttons, to control the brightness of the screen. All I had to do was change all the values in the ssdt-brt6 file from IGPU or GFX0 to VID and add the matching buttons, i.e. 0x0336 and 0x335. Of course, I tried to apply 2 hot patches with changing VID to IGPU and leaving IGPU in ssdt-brt6, but I was getting errors (no acpi acpi error brt6,ev5, smme, smie, nevt ) and the buttons didn't work. Is this solution is correct?

I have a question about ssdt-hpet, because I'm not quite sure if it works and if I did it right. I generated it in ssdttime.

I also have a request to check the whole Efi/config if I did everything correctly, thanks in advance

my last efi 

EFI.zip