PayPal donations: [email protected] ×
EMlyDinEsH

ELAN, FocalTech and Synaptics (Smart Touchpad) Driver (Mac OS X)

Hey,

I have an Acer Aspire E1-571 with an ELAN Touchpad. Works good so far, but scrolling with two fingers is very slow. And it has a very long delay in contrast to normal MacBooks. When do you expect to release the new final version? BTW: I can only see the touchpad options when I use the newest Beta ;) Thanks in advance

Freddie

Scroll is very slow and will "lock" in scroll mode in one direction even if you do not move the fingers.

Swiping in one direction with 2 fingers for scroll will cause the content to scroll to a point then scroll in the opposite direction

Increasing the tracking sensitivity will cause the mouse to "jiggle" when holding 1 finger in place without moving (a movement threshold should be 

No way to use the native FN key

Using the latest beta 5

Hey,

I have an Acer Aspire E1-571 with an ELAN Touchpad. Works good so far, but scrolling with two fingers is very slow. And it has a very long delay in contrast to normal MacBooks. When do you expect to release the new final version? BTW: I can only see the touchpad options when I use the newest Beta ;) Thanks in advance

Freddie

Scroll is very slow and will "lock" in scroll mode in one direction even if you do not move the fingers.

Swiping in one direction with 2 fingers for scroll will cause the content to scroll to a point then scroll in the opposite direction

Increasing the tracking sensitivity will cause the mouse to "jiggle" when holding 1 finger in place without moving (a movement threshold should be 

No way to use the native FN key

Using the latest beta 5

What is your OS X version ? Please PM me for beta tests, so I can send you debug version.

I can confirm it works even without Voodooi2c kext, but miss some option and little problems here and there, jiggling pointer with one finger for me too

Hey there,

Thanks for your work and the driver for Elan.

I don't know if this is a bug or I need only to change the settings,

when I'm scroll with 2 fingers, the window get sometimes switched to fullscreen and sometimes not. 
This I would like to change but how?
Does someone have an idea?

Also I'm using ioio to configure my trackpad at startup..

does someone know with wich value I could change the scrolling speed?

ioio -s ApplePS2SmartTouchpad Clicking 1
ioio -s ApplePS2SmartTouchpad Dragging 1
ioio -s ApplePS2SmartTouchpad TrackpadRightClick 1
ioio -s ApplePS2SmartTouchpad DragLock 0
ioio -s ApplePS2SmartTouchpad DragExitDelayTime 0

Regards,

David

Is there any way to get the rubber band effect while scrolling (like on the real Macs when you reach the end of a page and it goes a little further and then jumps back) working using this driver?

I would LOVE this feature. This makes Mac's trackpad so amazing.

• Like 1