EMlyDinEsH

ELAN, FocalTech and Synaptics (Smart Touchpad) Driver (Mac OS X)

any update anytime soon my trackpad is acting up will be nice to be able to speed it up a bit even on Mac painter is still slow and maybe a bit more scrolling also touch gestures are not working right only 3 finger drag and drop works if I hold on ..

If the trackpad is working for you, all the functions will work except you will have to use value 33 for right click instead of 21 (only on macOS 10.12+)

You need to configure it properly.

Have a good read of: https://osxlatitude.com/index.php?/topic/5966-details-about-the-smart-touchpad-driver-features/

Regards

• Like 1

You can start by consulting the documentation for your laptop on the manufacturer's website, especially the drivers; they often mention what hardware they apply to. Then look into Windows for the vendor & device id in Device Manager. Then, there are the usual hardware identification tools...

On the Asus S451LB, it would appear it's a Synaptics.

Of course, you're right @Herve. I saw my friend's laptop with same S451LB and it shows Synaptics. Then is it possible to get working smart gesture up to five fingers ? considering that the drivers I use in windows only reach 3 fingers

the caps lock on high sierra doesn't behave very well with the current version of Smart TouchPad. Sometimes i press it to turn the caps on but the letters are still lower case and i have to play with the caps lock to get it right. Is there any way i can fix it or should i wait for an update? Attached files in case there is a fix.

debug_27845.zip

any way i can use ssdt to change what gestures do, for example change 2 fingers tap to do something else other than right click, instead of going through the plist editing which i have to do all over again on every update?

2FTap not working for both 21 and 33. It only works after unmark/mark checkbox in settings.

Also Left Shift + Left/Right arrow turning on/off sound.

macOS 12.12.6

Aspire E5-571G-539K