ELAN, FocalTech and Synaptics (Smart Touchpad) Driver

EMlyDinEsH

Hello, the driver works on an Asus F301A with Elan touchpad. I can turn it off with the Fn key (F9), however if I set "Ignore built-in trackpad when mouse or wireless trackpad is present" unders systemprefs > accessibility the trackpad stays on, I have an usb logitech mouse plugged in.

Hello, I have recently been making a hackintosh out of my Acer V5-571. I originally installed Mavericks and had to install your kext to get the trackpad to work and it did flawlessly. I recently upgraded to Yosemite but it only recognizes the touchscreen.I tried installin gthe same kext that worked great for mavericks and now the trackpad doesn't work at all. So the touchscreen works but the trackpad doesn't, the complete opposite of when Mavericks was installed. I want to have both the touchscreen and the trackpad working. Here is my system specs.

Processor: 2.29 GHz Intel Core i5

Memory: 4 GB 1600 MHz DDR3

Graphics: Intel HD Graphics 4400 1536 MB

Hi 

EMlyDinEsH

and sorry if my question is kind of a noob one. I've tried all the versions of kexts available here just to activate finger and edge scrolling on my device. But none is working. I don't know why or what did I do wrong. My device is surely an Elan Smart-pad which comes with my Acer Aspire v5-473PG with device ID VEN_ETD&DEV_0508. Please help me.

hello

I have a Elantech, version 3
 after version 3.8.5, this setting does not work anymore

<key>TapHoldDragStartTimeOut</key>
                    <integer>1200</integer>

with version 3.8.5, if I enter 0 as the value, it works
the relase of the window is instantaneous

with later versions even if I enter zero as a value, has no effect

Hi,

Maybe this is not really an issue of the drivers so I'll post my question here.

I installed the last version but I can't access trackpad preferences in System Preferences. Actually it says "No Trackpad found".

The touchpad works (tapping + movement) but I would really love to have access to those settings as I'd like to fine tune it.

Is there something I'm doing wrong ?

Thanks for your work!

PS. I deleted the kexts like you said in the guide before installing and I have an ASUS X552CL notebook with Yosemite 10.10.1.

EDIT 1: I saw in the boot log that the AppleTrackPad reports that error "Identify TrackPad command returned incorrect byte". I used some custom DSDT and I am using Clover. The DSDT is from this link (I have exactly the same Processor) http://www.hackintoshosx.com/files/file/4332-efi-k46cb-i5-3337u-yosemite-10101/

Mar 4, 2015, 10:35:09 PM kernel[0]: VoodooPS2SynapticsTouchPad Version 1.8.13 loaded...
Mar 4, 2015, 10:35:09 PM kernel[0]: VoodooPS2Trackpad: Identify TouchPad command returned incorrect byte 2 (of 3): 0x04
Mar 4, 2015, 10:35:09 PM kernel[0]: VoodooPS2Mouse Version 1.8.13 loaded...

V4.2 on a high resolution screen 1920x1080 is too squirrelly. Just tapping the touchpad often makes the cursor jump. Have a Elan v4 touchpad. The touch on the virtual buttons area makes the cursor jump even more. So, it is very difficult to accurately click a required area or button.

Which setting will control this to dampen the movement on a tap or click?

As I mentioned in PM, there should be an option to make virtual button area insensitive to finger drags. Only taps or clicks.

I have also sent an algorithm by PM to separate taps from touches based on time of contact and pressure which no one outside Apple seem to have implemented. Hope this can be implemented in a future version.

Why I still can't move my cursor using this driver

I'm sure my touchpad is ELAN (ACPI\VEN_ETD&DEV_0108)
my laptop is Asus TP300LD

I'm on Yosemite 10.10.2, Clover

I'm sure I had followed the guide. Also I had removed the files mentioned in front..
using elan v3.8.5, v4.0 & v4.2. But boot always says : 
- ETD : Initializing ELAN keyboard
- ETD : Keyboard enabled
- ETD : Detecting Touchpad...
- ETD : Probably not a real ELAN touchpad, Aborting

var/log = log.zip
ioreg = here

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
After using 4.3 beta.
Still.. probably not elan, aborting..

post-75371-0-29751400-1428258461_thumb.jpg
post-75371-0-36393000-1428258477_thumb.jpg

ioreg : Here
System.log : This