ELAN, FocalTech and Synaptics (Smart Touchpad) Driver

EMlyDinEsH

Thanks for the new release!

Is there anyway you can switch HW versions?  Your kext automatically selects HWV2 but my elan touchpad is capable of up to 5 finger touches(HW V4).  I'd like to be able to use 3 finger+ gestures.  Right now all i can do do is a three finger swipe up to the application launchpad

Also, the scrollspeed value in the osx preference pane does not get saved after reboot.  How do you fix it?

You can't switch hardware versions. How did you find your touchpad is capable of 5 fingers? get me your system log, ioreg and give me your system specifications so i can see. 

Solved.

Tks for your good work, now everything is perfect with Yosemite 10.10.2 and driver 4.2

IMHO this driver is better than the windows one.

Gianluca

Tks For your work,

I am not able tu use f3 and f4 as kbbacklightdown and kbbackligthup with an asus n56vv but only as launchpad and mission control

Am i missing something?

regards

Gianluca

You need some patches for Keyboard backlight and have to config keyboard plist so read my Keyboard features thread and Fn keys thread for details. If you have any doubts then let me know in PM.

works great on my Asus Zenbook UX303 :) Thank you very much. The only issue I found is that scrolling with two fingers is not as smooth as scrolling with one finger.

I do have some customizations for scrolling as its complicated to give universal setting to work in every touchpad. So read my touchpad features thread and config the scrolling modes as per your needs. If you still have same issue then let me know in PM and i'll debug and improve it.

Hi!

My USB mouse stopped working after I installed the Smart Touchpad driver. Do you have any suggestions what to install to get it work?

The touchpad works bery well (thanks for the good driver), but I'd like to use a mouse too.

I have an ASUS K50IN and Mac OS X Mavericks.

EDIT: A second restart solved the mouse issue. Sorry!

Thanks,

Adam

@EMlyDinEsH,

Perhaps I missed it, but I didn't see a link or a download for the source to this driver.

Where is it?

Sorry, i have not shared my updated source code of my driver yet as I'm still actively developing and will update my github soon when everything i planned is finished and feel confident. Hope you would understand and don't worry I'm not going to make it closed as I've already have shared my initial source of ELAN 2 years ago. Also i intend to support my driver for long time and doing every week beta tests with so many users. 

Sorry, i have not shared my updated source code of my driver yet as I'm still actively developing and will update my github soon when everything i planned is finished and feel confident. Hope you would understand and don't worry I'm not going to make it closed as I've already have shared my initial source of ELAN 2 years ago. Also i intend to support my driver for long time and doing every week beta tests with so many users. 

Please release the source code. Some of us know how to code, and I could be working on fixing my problem instead of just waiting for some help. We don't care if it's still a work in progress.