ELAN, FocalTech and Synaptics (Smart Touchpad) Driver

EMlyDinEsH

Possible Fix for Sleep/Screen Off Issue

The problem: The keyboard and trackpad refuse to work after waking up from sleep, or if the screen is woken from sleep state.

Observable technicalities:

1.  If the laptop is woken up from sleep - the trackpad/keyboard DOES NOT work.

2.  If the laptop's screen falls asleep automatically due to time out - the trackpad/keyboard DOES NOT work.

3.  If the laptop's lid is closed and sleep is disabled, on opening the laptop - the trackpad/keyboard DOES work.

4.  If the laptop's screen is made to sleep using F5 and then woken up using F5 - the trackpad/keyboard DOES work.

5.  If the laptop's screen is made to sleep and the lid is then closed, on waking - the trackpad/keyboard DOES NOT work.

Possible fix:

On awake/lid open, test to see if the trackpad/keyboard are working.  If they are not:

Sleep the display using F5.  After the display has slept, wake up the screen using any key EXCEPT FOR F5 KEY.

Your trackpad/keyboard should be fully functional.

What is your touchpad vendor ? Did you try v4.5 as i've some fixes for sleep issue ? 

Which touchpad you have ? What is your system model ? Which version you tried ? Can you send me logs from both OS with my kext installed so i can take a look ?

I don't have yosemite any more.

My laptop is Acer E1-571G

I used SmartTouch 4.4.5 64bit

I used Clover in boot loader if it can be relate.

When I use SmartTouch I will miss keyboard to login so I can't find log :-(

I will test again with 4.4 version and I will feedback.

--------------------- EDITE

I check the log, It was permission omitted kext.

I set root:wheel as owner and 755 for permission it's fixed and working well.

I'm using 4.5 version now. It's very better than windows elan driver. TouchPad is very responsive now THANKS.

Thanks/

just a question when I used ApplePS2 and AppleACPINub kext in starting osx num lock was automatically ON

Is there any way to turn on Num-Lock when OSX starting up ?

Thank you for the driver, it is awesome.

I didn't find it in you manuals and search did no help.

1. Does Elan support 3 finger drag? I can use 4finger gestures, so I have the newer version of touchpad. How can I activate it?

2. How can I deactivate finer brightness and volume control by default? I know the key combination, but how can this be done when the os x boots?

1.  The major issue I'm having is that because my trackpad is a click-pad, if I rest my finger on the trackpad over the left-click button, and try to move the pointer with my other finger, it triggers some shortcuts (Cmd+L if I move my moving finger towards the stationary one) as far as I can see.  Is there a way for the driver to detect and ignore whether a finger is stationary?  Kind of similar as to how clickpads in both Mac and Windows function.  This can be emulated by using your right hand to move the pointer and the left one to click, but leaving your finger in contact with the touchpad between clicks.

I have the same issue on the latest driver. What is the solution?

I have Lenovo Y50 with El Capitan 10.11. I have been running RehabMan's Voodoo kext and now I installed your latest version, since I have an ELAN touchpad. I cannot disable the touchpad at all. Sometimes Fn + F6 works, but as soon as I plug in my wireless USB mouse, the touchpad starts working again. No matter what I do, every time I move the mouse, the touchpad activates again. Is this a bug? What can I do to fix this? 

LE: Actually, Fn + F6 only disables the touchpad for the first touch only no matter if I have my mouse plugged in or not  :(

Edited by Scildrei

I have Lenovo Y50 with El Capitan 10.11. I have been running RehabMan's Voodoo kext and now I installed your latest version, since I have an ELAN touchpad. I cannot disable the touchpad at all. Sometimes Fn + F6 works, but as soon as I plug in my wireless USB mouse, the touchpad starts working again. No matter what I do, every time I move the mouse, the touchpad activates again. Is this a bug? What can I do to fix this? 

LE: Actually, Fn + F6 only disables the touchpad for the first touch only no matter if I have my mouse plugged in or not  :(

Without my driver installed, you can disable and enable the touchpad without issues (double check) ? If its so then PM me for beta test and i'll debug.