AppleHDA Binary Patching

EMlyDinEsH

Hi there,

Many thanks for taking a look at my sound issues and having a go at trying to get it to work, I've just finished trying out the DSDT and AppleHDA with the following results.

1. Once OSX is booted, there is the speaker icon in the top menu bar and i can adjust the volume level with the appropriate fn keys and the on screen display shows the volume level going up and down, however there is no sound. playing a mp3 or a youtube stream also results in no sound.

2. On the sound preference plane the output device is correctly identified as internal speakers with no other options, if i plug in headphones the output device changes from internal speakers to headphones correctly and back to speakers when i unplug them.

3. Playing a sound with headphones plugged in (volume change sound)  does indeed make the correct sound through the headphones however it continuously loops the last ~1 second of sound until i unplug the headphones.

4. HDMI audio is not working, no HDMI device in sound pref, HDMI video is working ok but it was before.

5. The internal microphone seems to be working ok.

This is a major improvement on my last attempt which resulted in nothing working at all, is there anything that can be done ?, I've attached a i/O reg dump file.

Cheers and thank you for your assistance

Jay

Try again.

PS: HDMI only show when you connected HDMI device.

AppleHDA.kext.zip

Try again.

PS: HDMI only show when you connected HDMI device.

Thank you for your post, its almost there,

The audio only works on headphones not speakers, the on screen volume changes and speaker icon are all working as if the speakers are working but there is no sound from the speakers, as i said headphones work great and the internal mic gain is bang on now, it must be something to do with the speakers gate /pin switching ?

The audio through the headphones is working great now, perfect, no looping and is very clear with no noise which is a big improvement on the SL kexts i was using, it also seems to work fine after sleep and wake up .. etc., Thank you so much for your help,  this is so close now, just the speakers, is there anything i can do to gather any more info to debug this ?

Cheers

Jay

Thank you for your post, its almost there,

The audio only works on headphones not speakers, the on screen volume changes and speaker icon are all working as if the speakers are working but there is no sound from the speakers, as i said headphones work great and the internal mic gain is bang on now, it must be something to do with the speakers gate /pin switching ?

The audio through the headphones is working great now, perfect, no looping and is very clear with no noise which is a big improvement on the SL kexts i was using, it also seems to work fine after sleep and wake up .. etc., Thank you so much for your help,  this is so close now, just the speakers, is there anything i can do to gather any more info to debug this ?

Cheers

Jay

Try again. If still not work, I think we should wait for the help of EMlyDinEsH.

AppleHDA.kext.zip

Try again. If still not work, I think we should wait for the help of EMlyDinEsH.

Ok, i tried the new AppleHDA but still no sound from the speakers, internal mic & headphones all seem to work ok.

So i went back and took a long look at my source data and re-read EMlyDinEsH's guide at the start of the thread and i think i found something, as i explaned i used a script to process the codec_dump and produce the verbs.txt file, i went through the script to understand how it uses its rules to workout the verb data and guess what, it does not have a rule for EAPD.

After looking at the the guide again it says that if you have a EAPD on node 14 (speaker) then you must calculate separate verb data for the EAPD otherwise no sound through the speakers ?

Do you think this could be the problem ?, i've attached the new verb.txt with the additional EAPD verb value

Cheers

Jay

verbs.txt

get the codec dump from linux and send me so i can take a look at that.

Hi - sorry to bug you - did you mean PM the codec dump or post it?

Also - I removed HDAEnabler (the patched AppleHDA doesn't work without it) and installed an ALC269 kext from InsanelyMac (which links back to your patching thread as the source) - the onboard mic still doesn't work but now in System Information, it lists  Internal Microphone, Line Input, Headphone and HDMI/Display Port output - so as soon as I can plug in an external mic and HDMI to the TV I'll test to see if they work.

sem

update:nope - hdmi out works fine but no hdmi audio.

Hi - sorry to bug you - did you mean PM the codec dump or post it?

Also - I removed HDAEnabler (the patched AppleHDA doesn't work without it) and installed an ALC269 kext from InsanelyMac (which links back to your patching thread as the source) - the onboard mic still doesn't work but now in System Information, it lists  Internal Microphone, Line Input, Headphone and HDMI/Display Port output - so as soon as I can plug in an external mic and HDMI to the TV I'll test to see if they work.

sem

update:nope - hdmi out works fine but no hdmi audio.

yes, its codec dump which i want it.

Ok, i tried the new AppleHDA but still no sound from the speakers, internal mic & headphones all seem to work ok.

So i went back and took a long look at my source data and re-read EMlyDinEsH's guide at the start of the thread and i think i found something, as i explaned i used a script to process the codec_dump and produce the verbs.txt file, i went through the script to understand how it uses its rules to workout the verb data and guess what, it does not have a rule for EAPD.

After looking at the the guide again it says that if you have a EAPD on node 14 (speaker) then you must calculate separate verb data for the EAPD otherwise no sound through the speakers ?

Do you think this could be the problem ?, i've attached the new verb.txt with the additional EAPD verb value

Cheers

Jay

Of course, EAPD added but still not working.

I tried adding the additional EAPD verb data to the config data section of the plist in AppleHDAHardwareConfigDriver.kext as per EMlyDinEsH's instructions (steps 7-8) at the start of this thread.

Question: My verb data is in hex blocks just like the example but the config data in the AppleHDA is in alphanumerics in one big block is there some sort of compile necessary ?

Anyway after adding the new verb data I tried AppleHDA but there is still no sound from the speakers, headphones work great as does internal MIC so the CODEC is working, also speakers are listed in the audio section of system Information as default output. I think the additional EAPD verb data also needs to be added to the layout and platform xml files but i'm not sure how to go about this.

darkera13 - Thank you very much for helping me get this far can you think of anything else to try ?

-----------

EMlyDinEsH - I know you must get a lot of requests for help but this is so close now, the attached archive contains the codec dump, verb info, my DSDT and the last version of AppleHDA (OSX10.8.5 S1) that darkera13 patched for me, but i don't think the EAPD is correct or missing as no sound from speakers, output switches to headphones and works fine but no sound from speakers. Any advice or help would be very much appreciated.

Cheers

Jay

ALC275 HDA.zip

I got it working, I said it was close .....

I just worked through all the edits again in the end it was one silly little mistake in the info.plist for AppleHDAHardwareConfigDriver.kext :-

<key>CodecID</key>
<integer>283902581</integer>
<key>ConfigData</key>
<data>
ASccAAEnHQABJx6gAScfkAFHHBABRx0BAUce
FwFHH5ABVxwgAVcdEAFXHiEBVx8DAUcMAg==
</data>
<key>FuncGroup</key>
<integer>1</integer>
<key>LayoutID</key>
<integer>275</integer>

The layout ID is 275 !! , should be 28 to match the 1C id in the DSDT .. etc

We both missed that one but all working now.....

Jay