Fn HotKey and ALS sensor driver for Asus Notebooks

EMlyDinEsH

I have brightness and HDMI working, what you need to get brightness working is inject via DSDT or EFI string this values (I use EFI strings for this and inject a lot of other settings, for HDMI I use DSDT)

@0,backlight-control

@0,pwm-info (this one is the macbook pro 6,1, it work best for me you can try other values)

with this values, you will get brightness working and the slide on display in system configuration.

Make Q0E and Q0F edits in your DSDT and install EMlyDinEsH driver for get mapped to Fn+F5 for brightness down and Fn+F6 for brightness up. Even Sun effect on the screen!!

Good luck and please update with your results, and if you need help with HDMI then let me know. Ohh and my backlight keyboard works great too. Thanks to EMlyDinEsH for that.

this is where I get all the injecting info for brightness

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/236835-updated-2012-genericbrightnesskext/page-31 

P.D.

I attach my plist, I´m injecting a lot of values but you can use what you need. Use them in EFI Studio for get your EFI string.

Good luck

Great work! Would you mind sharing DSDT way of doing this, like what are the strings need to inject? So, i can include those details in the first post for others.

btw i've checked the keyboard backlight issue in 10.8.5 and 10.9 with a beta tester and found that its a issue of the AppleACPIxx changes. I've tried to fix this with some ways but couldn't fix it yet, so for now rollback to old AppleACPIxxx kext to get the keyboard backlight working and will update the thread as soon as i found a solution.

Dictation no longer works even if i clear caches and com.apple.assistant but no biggie.

Again, i really appreciate you taking your time solving my problem!

Do you still have HDMI issue of not detected? Can you send me your dsdt and boot.plist file from Extra, so i can take a look at this to help you?

Dictation no longer works even if i clear caches and com.apple.assistant but no biggie.

Again, i really appreciate you taking your time solving my problem!

For get HDMI working on Nvidia cards all you need is inject "hda-gfx" "onboard-1" to your GFX device, and add HDAU device after your GFX device, and inject "connector type" "00 08 00 00" to your channel B video output and all this is done already so you must have something interfering with this.  Please check all your kext and look for any suspicious one may causing this. (Voodoo, hdaenbler etc). Please share a clean unmodified DSDT you can generate booting in windows and extracting using DSDT for windows.

For the Dictation problem, maybe your Mic is not selected or not working check system preferences--sound and select Input and select Internal mic, check if the mics work with the input level adjust the volume and check uncheck use noise reduction.

Great work! Would you mind sharing DSDT way of doing this, like what are the strings need to inject? So, i can include those details in the first post for others.

btw i've checked the keyboard backlight issue in 10.8.5 and 10.9 with a beta tester and found that its a issue of the AppleACPIxx changes. I've tried to fix this with some ways but couldn't fix it yet, so for now rollback to old AppleACPIxxx kext to get the keyboard backlight working and will update the thread as soon as i found a solution.

Hi EMlyDinEsH, is based in this info http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/236835-updated-2012-genericbrightnesskext/?p=1598493, you need PNLF, and add/inject backlight-control  and pwm-info to your GFX with and EFI String (this is what I use) or via DSDT. With this 2 values injected and with the PNLF device, you get brightness slider on display settings and sun effect, and I just use your FN driver for map them to Fn+F5 and Fn+F6 ( with the respective DSDT edits). Other useful info is the NVDA,UnderscanMin value for adjust the screen on HDMI. I share my plist I´m using to generate my EFI String.

pruebaefi.plist.zip

THe graphics card EFI hex had to be injected via org.chameleon.boot under device-properties. THe auto injection from Graphics Enabler is not specific enough since the backlight is controlled through GFX0 unlike the laptops with intel integrated graphics and etc.

THe graphics card EFI hex had to be injected via org.chameleon.boot under device-properties. THe auto injection from Graphics Enabler is not specific enough since the backlight is controlled through GFX0 unlike the laptops with intel integrated graphics and etc.

The Efi string I give to you has all the needed info to inject so you can boot with GE=No, and yes this EFI string must be on org.chameleon.boot. I check your DSDT. Also check your Extra Folder, some modules can inject something else too and why are you using UseKernelCache= No????

The Efi string I give to you has all the needed info to inject so you can boot with GE=No, and yes this EFI string must be on org.chameleon.boot. I check your DSDT. Also check your Extra Folder, some modules can inject something else too and why are you using UseKernelCache= No????

The kexts i use to read the battery info give me a KP when its enabled. I dont need anyway because i used the old way with Extensions.mkext and it works the same. I have no idea why it doesnt like the kernel cache but if it aint broke i shouldnt fix it!  :D I had a hdainjector in modules folder so i deleted them but i havent plugged into a tv yet but still no HDMI in Sys Profiler and ioreg. :huh:  Oh and i got dictation working too it wasn't sound related it was wrong nvram info.

The kexts i use to read the battery info give me a KP when its enabled. I dont need anyway because i used the old way with Extensions.mkext and it works the same. I have no idea why it doesnt like the kernel cache but if it aint broke i shouldnt fix it! :D I had a hdainjector in modules folder so i deleted them but i havent plugged into a tv yet but still no HDMI in Sys Profiler and ioreg. :huh: Oh and i got dictation working too it wasn't sound related it was wrong nvram info.

Could it be the efi string in boot plist interfering with hdmi? Also I noticed when viewing my dsdt HDAU device is under GFX0 but it is not a separate device...I remember having the same problem with PNLF before where brightness wouldn't work or show up in IOREG until it was a separate device. I keep getting compile errors when I do add it as a separate device. Any ideas?