Fn HotKey and ALS sensor driver for Asus Notebooks

EMlyDinEsH

Thank you EMlyDinEsH

Hello there! I'm wondering if you where able to get your brightness control working yet Agustin? I've also noticed on my asus g73sw at the boot loader menu and even while the OS is loading, i can adjust brightness before the driver initilizes. I've even read the ACPI PDF and tried my own dsdt patches but I only get "bezel services assertion failed in console which I think means OSX cannot translate the brightness values over to ACPI methods? For the meanwhile i use the application shades. It applies a black (or any custom color) filter over the screen to adjust brightness and it can be used to somewhat help the brightness value reset after sleep. Also one question to EMlyDinEsH, if the brightness does work if you do find a way eventually, could the values be customized? Like being able to set a level below minimum? And will the "sun" bezel show up or is it the type where it just adjusts w/out OS? (Not that it matters lol)

Thank you EMlyDinEsH

Hello there! I'm wondering if you where able to get your brightness control working yet Agustin? I've also noticed on my asus g73sw at the boot loader menu and even while the OS is loading, i can adjust brightness before the driver initilizes. I've even read the ACPI PDF and tried my own dsdt patches but I only get "bezel services assertion failed in console which I think means OSX cannot translate the brightness values over to ACPI methods? For the meanwhile i use the application shades. It applies a black (or any custom color) filter over the screen to adjust brightness and it can be used to somewhat help the brightness value reset after sleep. Also one question to EMlyDinEsH, if the brightness does work if you do find a way eventually, could the values be customized? Like being able to set a level below minimum? And will the "sun" bezel show up or is it the type where it just adjusts w/out OS? (Not that it matters lol)

I have brightness working in my ASUS G74 after a year of work I recently find the answer. On Nvidia graphics all you need is inject the correct pwm-info and and some other values. I explain in details in the morning at work.

Good luck

I have brightness working in my ASUS G74 after a year of work I recently find the answer. On Nvidia graphics all you need is inject the correct pwm-info and and some other values. I explain in details in the morning at work.

Good luck

Oh nice! I cant wait to try your method! Ive completely given up on HDMI audio though  :wacko: it shows up in about this mac as a device but audio is not routed through. Do you need help with your keyboard backlight though? Mine works perfectly ;)

Thanks!

I have brightness and HDMI working, what you need to get brightness working is inject via DSDT or EFI string this values (I use EFI strings for this and inject a lot of other settings, for HDMI I use DSDT)

@0,backlight-control
@0,pwm-info (this one is the macbook pro 6,1, it work best for me you can try other values)

with this values, you will get brightness working and the slide on display in system configuration.

Make Q0E and Q0F edits in your DSDT and install EMlyDinEsH driver for get mapped to Fn+F5 for brightness down and Fn+F6 for brightness up. Even Sun effect on the screen!!

Good luck and please update with your results, and if you need help with HDMI then let me know. Ohh and my backlight keyboard works great too. Thanks to EMlyDinEsH for that.

this is where I get all the injecting info for brightness

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/236835-updated-2012-genericbrightnesskext/page-31 

P.D.

I attach my plist, I´m injecting a lot of values but you can use what you need. Use them in EFI Studio for get your EFI string.

Good luck

pruebaefi.plist.zip

post-5138-0-18381100-1380071991_thumb.png

I have brightness and HDMI working, what you need to get brightness working is inject via DSDT or EFI string this values (I use EFI strings for this and inject a lot of other settings, for HDMI I use DSDT)

@0,backlight-control

@0,pwm-info (this one is the macbook pro 6,1, it work best for me you can try other values)

with this values, you will get brightness working and the slide on display in system configuration.

Make Q0E and Q0F edits in your DSDT and install EMlyDinEsH driver for get mapped to Fn+F5 for brightness down and Fn+F6 for brightness up. Even Sun effect on the screen!!

Good luck and please update with your results, and if you need help with HDMI then let me know. Ohh and my backlight keyboard works great too. Thanks to EMlyDinEsH for that.

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/236835-updated-2012-genericbrightnesskext/page-31

P.D.

I attach my plist, I´m injecting a lot of values but you can use what you need. Use them in EFI Studio for get your EFI string.

Good luck

Wow! I will try this in a minute and let you know! I really appreciate your help!!!

@0,backlight-control

P.D.

Good luck

I have a question, did you use the generic brightness kext?