Fn HotKey and ALS sensor driver for Asus Notebooks

EMlyDinEsH

Hi EMlyDinEsH, I managed to get my Asus ZENBOOK UX32VD almost 100% functional with Clover on Yosemite, except for the F5/F6 (Screen Backlight) function keys..
I followed your instructions, but nothing that I do seems to work.. Can you help me please?

Here is my DSDT.aml --> DSDT.zip

Hello EMlyDinEsH 

Do you have the lastest sources code or

Could you added the function for ALS sensor so that we can adjust the range of sensor. (for example: ALS brightness range between: 2-10 under 16 level)

My display backlight will switch off at brightness 0 and the ALS sensor let the display down to zero when from bright to dark area.

Hi everyone,

I finished my build of Yosemite 10.0.1 and I got everything working except for the backlight. By using AsusNBFnKeys.kext (Thank you so much EMlyDinEsH) I'm now able to change volume by using fn+f3 and fn+f4, and Volume fn+f10 (mute), fn+f11 (volume down), fn+f12 (volume up).

The one thing I cant do is dimm down my screen brightness and it's driving me nuts. 

I actually can get brightness to work natively with the use of my Windows generated DSDT, but I use one from another user fully patched for Graphic card, keyboard backlight.

Here are the two DSDT's if someone knows how to, I appreciate the help.

Thank's in advance.

Odin79 

dsdt_extracted_in_windows.zip

dsdt_ currently_in_use.zip

Hey dude :)

Firstly, thank you for this amazing work !!! I use booth driver (touchpad and fn key) and they work :)

However, i have a problem, all work except brightness control with F5 and F6 Keys :(

Have a solution for me ?

I have an Asus K55VD With Intel HD4000 and Nvidia 310M

Here's my DSDT file

Thanks you in advance :)

EDIT : Doesn't work with system utility too :( i can move the level cursor (with FN Keys and system utility) but nothing happened :(

DSDT.aml.zip

Hey dude :)

Firstly, thank you for this amazing work !!! I use booth driver (touchpad and fn key) and they work :)

However, i have a problem, all work except brightness control with F5 and F6 Keys :(

Have a solution for me ?

I have an Asus K55VD With Intel HD4000 and Nvidia 310M

Here's my DSDT file

Thanks you in advance :)

EDIT : Doesn't work with system utility too :( i can move the level cursor (with FN Keys and system utility) but nothing happened :(

Did you apply my brightness keys patch and PNLF patch for brightness slider?