Fn HotKey and ALS sensor driver for Asus Notebooks

EMlyDinEsH

Mine too,same laptop here, brightness keys aren't working and i don't know how to apply the patch, sorry, because i'm a noob. 

Use the attached Fn keys brightness patch in MaciASL app for patching them. If you still have issues then send me your DSDT and i'll take a look.

just a question, if i set to yes IdleKBacklightAutoOff the keyboard backlight turn off automatically after the amount of time specified but never come on.

can get the kb backlight back on only pressing fn+f3 or f4.

this is by design or i lack something in my dsdt patches?

Howdy,

Ref: ALS_Patch

ACPIBaclight.kext (RehabMan)

Problem:

^^^^ATKD.SKBL Uknown Method 4 errors from DSDT iasl compiler (MacIASL)

Not Declared? External ?

There is a method SLKB (Yosemitie)

jhawk

Send me your untouched DSDT and edited DSDT so i can take a look at this problem.

ALS feature loops readjusting the the brightness of the screen and ends up dimming the screen completely.  Has anyone had this issue?  Any suggestion how to solve it?

Thanks for your input...

Artimess

Sorry for late reply, there is new version coming with big improvements for ALS sensor. PM me for testing.

just a question, if i set to yes IdleKBacklightAutoOff the keyboard backlight turn off automatically after the amount of time specified but never come on.

can get the kb backlight back on only pressing fn+f3 or f4.

this is by design or i lack something in my dsdt patches?

There are some bugs which will be fixed by new version and updated DSDT patches as well which will be released this week. Also do use my Touchpad driver ? PM me for beta testing.