Fn HotKey and ALS sensor driver for Asus Notebooks

EMlyDinEsH

I did not understand you. What you are exactly trying to explain to me ? 

This kext should allow me to assign the Fn + F5 brightness up Fn + F6 brightness down. Unfortunately I can not assign the Combination keys.

Fn + f11-f12 volume works very well, etc ...

Hott,,

I found that on the UX305FA that the kext worked fine but the issue was the key code returned by my computer did not match the key code in the kext. Simple resolution was to patch DSDT, Rehabman has a kext ACPIDebug that will allow you to observe actual key codes of your keyboard for the function + key pair. The patches are on the first page of this post.

While OsXLatitude has made every effort to make the best product possible, manufacturers make odd changes at times and we must adapt and use patches to overcome obstacles. Please remember this is not "Apple Hardware" and if we wish to have fully supported software / hardware Windows is the only game in town.

jhawk

This kext should allow me to assign the Fn + F5 brightness up Fn + F6 brightness down. Unfortunately I can not assign the Combination keys.

Fn + f11-f12 volume works very well, etc ...

For brightness Fn + F5/F6 to work you need to patch DSDT and you cant manually assign these in OS X. Did you apply patches ? Send me your DSDT so i can take a look.

Hott,,

I found that on the UX305FA that the kext worked fine but the issue was the key code returned by my computer did not match the key code in the kext. Simple resolution was to patch DSDT, Rehabman has a kext ACPIDebug that will allow you to observe actual key codes of your keyboard for the function + key pair. The patches are on the first page of this post.

While OsXLatitude has made every effort to make the best product possible, manufacturers make odd changes at times and we must adapt and use patches to overcome obstacles. Please remember this is not "Apple Hardware" and if we wish to have fully supported software / hardware Windows is the only game in town.

jhawk

I see. What they changed now ?

Is it possible to configure "Windows logo" key to start Launchpad, please?

And or use key with a list to show Mission Control, please?

I tried to assign "Windows logo" key in Preferences - > Keyboard -> Shortcuts to "Show Launchpad", but the key does not react to be able to assigned. 

Is there other method to do it, please?

Regards

PS: Asus Zenbook UX32VD.

is there anyway i can disable ALS ? using a UX305FA here and everything is working fine....the ALS is work but its too aggressive.

Fnct "A" will turn it off but would require action every time. Take a look at plist I think there is an option to turn ALS off in it if memory serves me correctly. Old Fart memory.... BTW /S/L/E/ AsusNBFnKeys/plist

jhawk