Fn HotKey and ALS sensor driver for Asus Notebooks

EMlyDinEsH

Fnct "A" will turn it off but would require action every time. Take a look at plist I think there is an option to turn ALS off in it if memory serves me correctly. Old Fart memory.... BTW /S/L/E/ AsusNBFnKeys/plist

jhawk

sweet got it man. the UX305FA i have now works perfectly thanks to your guide too :D.

Hi,

I installed your FN keys kext v.2.5.5 and all keys worked  except brightness keys f5/f6. So I try to compile the ALS patch using dsdt editor but it has compile error "object not found or not accessible from scope (PCI0.LPCB.EC0.RALS)

Could you let me know where did I go wrong. 

Thanks,

Machine is Asus X501A.

First you are talking about two different patches not one. The patch for Function keys fixes the the brightness function keys, secondly the ALS patch enable ALS.  As far as the error you will probably need declarations. In general you can take a look at the instructions for UX305FA and see the patches and ref.txt for declaration to get you in ball park. In the directions you want the section to build own dsdt/ssdt SLOW LANE. I'll attach file.

Good Luck
jhawk

Hi,

I am using the AsusNBFnKeys.kext together with the AsusACPIBackLightPanel.kext and the dsdt patch you gave on this post.

https://osxlatitude.com/index.php?/topic/2167-display-backlight-driver-for-asus-notebooks/page-4&do=findComment&comment=40719

Im using the same hardware, Asus G73SW with GTX460m. (Running El Capitan 10.11.2)

In the logs it is complaining about :

19 Jan 2016 22:02:01 kernel[0]: AsusNBFnKeys: Cannot find the dictionary brightness

19 Jan 2016 22:02:02 kernel[0]: AsusNBFnKeys: Cannot find the dictionary brightness

19 Jan 2016 22:02:02 kernel[0]: AsusNBFnKeys: Cannot find the dictionary brightness

Is there something missing?

Hi, I have a notebook asus N56JR.. I have a problem with brightness regulation [ Fn+ F5 ; Fn+F6  don't work]. I used the kext AsusNBFNkeys v2.5.5 (present in this site) and i tried to modify my DSDT.aml (Q0E e Q0F how explain in this site) but without success :(  

Then I tried to use "another DSDT.aml " and with my surprise work bluetooth and webcam (ASUS USB2.0 Webcam)!! :) but resolution it's wrong and another things such as all "Fn keys" :( 
I ask if it's possible mix my DSDT.aml (with corrections about brightness regulation) with the work part  (bluetooth and webcam) of the "another DSDT.aml" . 

Help please :(

another DSDT.rar

my DSDT.rar

IORegistry.rar

I have some questions about the DSDT patch for ALS (Haswell). I'm not an ALS user, but I'm patching the UX305FA, and I'd like to avoid messing up the ALS for people who do want it.

In the UX305FA native DSDT, the _QCD method calls ATKD.IANE(0xC6), not ATKD.IANE(0xC7). (There is no _QDD.) Is there a good reason to switch _QCD to 0xC7?

Also, the native RALS method appears to be identical to the one in "ALS Patch (Haswell)" except that if the sensor is disabled, the native DSDT returns 0x190 (instead of your patch's 0x12C). Is this a significant enough difference that I need to binary-patch the DSDT to return 0x12C?

Hi,

I installed your FN keys kext v.2.5.5 and all keys worked  except brightness keys f5/f6. So I try to compile the ALS patch using dsdt editor but it has compile error "object not found or not accessible from scope (PCI0.LPCB.EC0.RALS)

Could you let me know where did I go wrong. 

Thanks,

Machine is Asus X501A.

Did you apply brightness Fn keys patch in DSDT ? Let me see your DSDT please. 

Hi,

I am using the AsusNBFnKeys.kext together with the AsusACPIBackLightPanel.kext and the dsdt patch you gave on this post.

https://osxlatitude.com/index.php?/topic/2167-display-backlight-driver-for-asus-notebooks/page-4&do=findComment&comment=40719

Im using the same hardware, Asus G73SW with GTX460m. (Running El Capitan 10.11.2)

In the logs it is complaining about :

19 Jan 2016 22:02:01 kernel[0]: AsusNBFnKeys: Cannot find the dictionary brightness

Is there something missing?

Sorry for late reply as i've been busy. Can you send me your ioreg (save using ioreg app v2.1), system log and currently used DSDT ?