Fn HotKey and ALS sensor driver for Asus Notebooks

EMlyDinEsH

hello everyone, I've installed the 2.6 kext, and patched my DSDT using:

Brightness Fn keys patch, Keyboard backlight patch and ALS sensor patch.

I can set the brightness using FN+F5 and F6, but keyboard backlight doesn't work (it is supported and working on Windows).

I don't know if ALS is working, doesn't seem so, but I don't really mind because I found it annoying so I won't use it.

I tried other Keyboard backlight patches from the zip archive on the first page, but none of them enabled it.

Maybe they are not good since I have a Skylake?

Also, I noticed that brightness returns to its maximum value every time I shutdown the computer, is that intended?

the laptop I'm using is the one in signature.

thank you! :)
Dimitri

Hello, I've got ux306ua, trying to get ALS to work with AsusNBFnKeys v2.6 kext and DSDT patches.

Fn+F3/4 working ok, Fn+A ALS on/off ok (via console.app).

Problem :

When I enable keyboard backlight, the screen sometimes dim to about 1/5 of max value. And then several seconds later, keyboard backlight off for no reason. When I enable ALS, keyboard backlight on and then off after several seconds. The screen backlight just stays there, no matter what current ambient light is.

I'm using this kext, v2.6 on my Asus UX305, everything works very well.

One question, is there anyway to swap Fn+F1, F2, etc with F1, F2, etc? So we can directly use those function keys without having to hold the Fn key

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using Tapatalk