Wanted : EDP 4 or Older

vipjun

I Think i grabbed the new NVram of EDP.  Been using R243 EDP since yesterday.  system has been pretty stable except for 1 hiccup today.

What's the best way to revert to recover from kp crash caused from unsupported kext or EDP update? Right now I really don't have any sure method other than reinstalling from a clean install. With EDP 4, I was able to boot with the install disk and use myhack to load the default boot drivers, but that method no longer works.

If i try to use the USB install disk /w myhack to install extras on top of EDP 5, the next boot up usually ends up with a KP during boot.

I'm trying to use osx as a daily driver and switch from windows, so really want to avoid the total hdd wipe.

System running pretty stable for the last 24 hrs. No BSOD or KPs.

One thing i've noticed is, during video playback say on youtube there are times when the video freezes but the audio is still playing.  I can rewind back for a little bit and it will be ok again. but 30seconds later the same thing happens.

Has anyone else experienced that ?

I've tried the GMAbooster and doesn't seem to help, also this probably isn't just related to videos within flash containers.

NVram related perhaps ?

note: current EDP r264 seems broken for D620 on LION.

#1) cannot access edpweb.command says something about not having the correct  permissions

#2) edptool.command when used still breaks Ethernet

#3) chameleon 2170 is still needed even with the new nvram.

was able to salvage system by reinstalling osx on top of harddrive, copying a backup EDP (r232 i believe) to run the edpweb.command : note : EPD automatically updates chameleon to 2182, so have to replace with old version again.

I'm not 100% certain, but is it possible for EDP to replace the chameleon bootloader on its own ?

What events can trigger chameleon the be updateed? i think some of my BSOD's where i blame on something strange happening may be attributed to accidentally updating chameleon.

running EDP 265 on top of old install : EDPweb.command was successful but system forced to shutdown after a reboot. Trying to find the last stable version to roll back (EDP 242)

I am also having the problem with edptool.command breaking ethernet and I have yet to have edpweb.command work. I have tried so many different combinations of things that it wouldn't really make since to try to list them all here. I'm open to suggestions or if someone has an old version of edp lying around that would be pretty cool too.