D830 and Latest EDP(web)--What Am I Doing Wrong?

ssprod

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ran EDP on two D830's and all is well!  Noticed the patched STAC audio kexts have disappeared from the options list, so using option #3. Is it possible to return them to the list?

The patched AppleHDA / STAC kexts are installed automatically from now. You can only choose VoodooHDA, when no patched AppleHDA present. In the D830 nvidia there was a little 'typo' in the database, that caused the little bug with the options list.

From now, it shouldn't be possible to select the VoodooHDA anymore. It will automatically install the patched AppleHDA / STAC kexts.

Please update your EDP, in order to get it working. It should just work now, but the update fixes this 'cosmetic' issue.

Joot, what I understand it is hanging on our installer application? Could you please make a screenshot of the window? (with 'details opened). I would like to have a look where it 'hangs'. EDP framework should just take around 15 minutes, normally. 

Did you choose the full install or the app install?

The patched AppleHDA / STAC kexts are installed automatically from now. You can only choose VoodooHDA, when no patched AppleHDA present. In the D830 nvidia there was a little 'typo' in the database, that caused the little bug with the options list.

From now, it shouldn't be possible to select the VoodooHDA anymore. It will automatically install the patched AppleHDA / STAC kexts.

Please update your EDP, in order to get it working. It should just work now, but the update fixes this 'cosmetic' issue.

Updated EDP and everything is a-ok. The D830 is running OSX quite nicely!

• Like 1