Dell Precision M4600

Cyber_Redeem

Ok Im back.

I managed to insttall os x 10.8.3 with myHack using Generic Extra Files

Here's what I dont have working

Trackpad (alps model)

Audio (IDT 92xxxxx )

The USB slots from the Right Side

Webcam works with Face Time but not with iboot (chameleon, stolen and rebranded)h

HDMI 

SD reader

ethernet (intel)

Sleep option

I do have working

Laptop Keyboard

External Mouse

External keyboard

able to boot from HDD.

Wifi (Dell 1510)

Please Advice.

PS I can I extract kexts from the EDP Database? I know this model is not supported yet but I saw most of The Vooodoo drivers that work with this model on the Dell Precision M65 Table?

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Administrators

What you can do is install EDP, then grab the kexts off /Extra/Storage subfolders and copy them to /E/E. The kexts will be in various places, but we can help you with that.

At minimum, that will get your keyboard/trackpad, audio, Ethernet working, possibly Sleep too. USB and HDMI probably require a DSDT. SD reader may not be supported at all.

We're on the right track.

Happy Friday.

I do have working at this moment.

Laptop Keyboard   (base on myHack original configuration with Generic Extra)

External Mouse   (base on myHack original configuration with Generic Extra)

able to boot from HDD  (base on myHack original configuration with Generic Extra)

Wifi (Dell 1510) (Work OOB)

ethernet (intel) Extracting from EDP Storage Folder AppleIntelE1000e2.kext to /E/E folder

Audio (Using VoodoHDA 8.1 extracted from EDP Storage Folder to /E/E installing respective PrefPane

Still not working.

Trackpad (alps model) There is one available from Anv/Slice or Slice that work like a charm but I have not been able to Identify it yet.

The USB slots from the Right Side.  I think I took care of this one on my previous installation with multifail options. I dont remember which particular one of all the usbe driver options available

Webcam works with Face Time but not with iboot (chameleon, stolen and rebranded)h.   This one is a mystery to me.  External webcam works ok with iboot (chameleon, stolen and rebranded)h but not the internal one.

HDMI not a clue on how to work with this one.

SD same as above 

Sleep option  same as above.

any feedback?

Cheers

I got the Trackpad working with Anv/SliceV2 kexts. (no PrefPane but that's ok.) Speed, drag and overall actions are there at acceptable performance for me.

Next should be the USB from the Right side of the laptop.  Can you check my DSDT from the Extra Folder above to see if they were activated from there?

Dont worry about the USB thing.  Those USB of the Right Side are USB 3.  I remembered that I use for those PXHCD.kext 

they are working now.

Sleep feature is not working even with the Kext the you suggested.  I even try pmset -a hibernatemode 0 command which work for my M4400.   this one is low Priority for me.

I will like your help with the HDMI if Possible.

Thanks again for your help