Trouble installing ML on E6500

lidow

Try to see if using PCIRootUID=1 on boot helps at all. Permission was not granted to view the screen shots you posted.

I've tried also PCIRootUID=1, no help so far.

This is how I'm booting, sharing just in case if wrong:

mach_kernel rd=disk2s1 -v PCIRootUID=1

Shouldn't it just be "PciRoot=1" ?

I'm reading this help: http://forge.voodooprojects.org/p/chameleon/source/tree/HEAD/tags/2.1/doc/BootHelp.txt

Example: mach_kernel rd=disk0s1 -v "Graphics Mode"="1920x1200x32"

Kernel and disk do not seems optional, anyway I don't have any experience with Chameleon bootloader, so you could be right. It is not very precise document.

For example I cannot figure out the proper value for rd=?, I press F10, as stated in the document, with intention to list bootable disks, but nothing happened. I tried with several values disk0s1 and disk2s1, both are working, so looks like it not playing any role.

During the boot, I can see kext are read from hd(0,2), which for me is first disk, third partition, but it has only one partition, so can't figure it out.

• Administrators

All those manual boot flags and boot options are optional in the sense that you would not normally have to worry about them. The Chameleon boot plist takes care of that. You only use the manual parameters if you want to overwrite the boot plist settings.

And don't worry about seeing what appears like 4 CPUs; that's not where your problem is.

• Like 1

Darvinko, I will try it tonight.

I have both ML 10.8.3 and 10.8.2 bought from the appstore (I paid it twice on different accounts :)), the Mac I have is on 10.8.3, Is it possible to use 10.8.2?

I actually tried it, but received an error on mount & validate step for 10.8.2. Anyway, there could be trick or something not so straightforward?

Darvinko, I will try it tonight.

I have both ML 10.8.3 and 10.8.2 bought from the appstore (I paid it twice on different accounts :)), the Mac I have is on 10.8.3, Is it possible to use 10.8.2?

I actually tried it, but received an error on mount & validate step for 10.8.2. Anyway, there could be trick or something not so straightforward?

You can use the 10.8.3 image, but try just using the kexts for 10.8.2 (and if those don't work try the first set of modified kexts), you can just plug the installer into your Mac or Hackintosh and swap them, run a full fix and see if you're able to install. I, personally did not have an issue with the 10.8.2 kexts when updating to 10.8.3, but added it when DaFOB indicated he did and used those as a workaround. Try to get ML installed first and then correct any issues. If they work properly, leave them.

You can use the 10.8.3 image, but try just using the kexts for 10.8.2 (and if those don't work try the first set of modified kexts), you can just plug the installer into your Mac or Hackintosh and swap them, run a full fix and see if you're able to install. I, personally did not have an issue with the 10.8.2 kexts when updating to 10.8.3, but added it when DaFOB indicated he did and used those as a workaround. Try to get ML installed first and then correct any issues. If they work properly, leave them.

I've tried this. No success. 

This is what I've done:

Load kext Nvidia for 10.8.2, directly over the already built installer. Run full fix in MyHack.

Did above also for Nvidia 10.8.2 edited.

In addition I removed all possible hardware from the laptop that could be removed. I physically removed all wireless cards (WLAN,WWAN and BLUETOOTH), removed both HDDs, remove sdcard, remove sim card. Still no change in behaviour, same reboots. 

Cursed situation, either I'm doing something wrong, that I do every time wrongly or my laptop is just different from what is supposed to work. Strange is that every other laptop I've tried, just give kernel panic and does not reboot, which is expected as installer is not build with correct drivers.