Hello,
currently I'm trying my first hackintosh installation on my Dell E6500
* Core 2 Duo T9400 2.5GHz
* NVS160 + 1920x1200
* SSD 128GB OCZ Vertex4 + Original HDD Seagate 250GB 7.2K in the mudular bay
* bluetooth module
* Dell WWAN card 5530 HSDPA
* Intel WLAN card 5300 AGN
* Broadcom card reader contact and contactless (unlocked for generic use)

I cannot make the initial boot. I cannot see the error after all messages about reading various kext files. The laptop just reboot. I load bios defaults + AHCI to be on safe with bios settings, no luck. Have in mind that I see kernel messages only with Darvinko's method, with this one it is just a grey screen that in one moment turns black and then reboot.
One strange thing is that after finish building the flash drive, I'm not able to eject it. Using lsof I can see some indexing processes running + cfprefsd. I suppose it is normal, anyway nobody mentioned it. After killing the process cfprefsd, I'm able to eject it.

Another thing I've noticed is that after a failed boot of OSX installer, the bios check is long, which make me think for hardware device failing.

I follow strictly the first post, using official 10.8.3 ML installation and latest Extra. I build the install drive on my Mini (10.8.3).

I've tried various combinations of bios settings, like disable all wireless cards and disable VT. Nothing helped.

I would appreciate hints/guides/solutions... I'm new to OSX world, so don't presume my knowledges :).

• Administrators

Try:

1) remove the Intel WLAN card (or disable it in BIOS) -> it's not supported by OS X and would have to go

2) boot with option: "GeneratePStates=No" and/or "GenerateCStates=No" -> may prevent the laptop reset

Try:

1) remove the Intel WLAN card (or disable it in BIOS) -> it's not supported by OS X and would have to go

2) boot with option: "GeneratePStates=No" and/or "GenerateCStates=No" -> may prevent the laptop reset

1) I've tried this, I've disabled all wireless adapters in BIOS: wwan, wlan and bluetooth - no change

2) Where should I put this? Link to a guide will be helpful.

try the lion bootpack from here http://argo.osxlatitude.com/edp/bootpack/ maybe it will help

Thanks, I think I have already did this, although I'm not sure about the concrete procedure how to choose the bootpack and when exactly to add it to the installer. It is not mentioned in the Darvinko post. It actually say I will be asked during installation, but I did not reach this point.

This is what I did:

create installer with MyHack

add own extra pointing to E6500 Lion bootpack (with removed arch i386 lines) with MyHack

load kext IOPCIFamily.kext (from here: (http://rghost.ru/36725213) in S/L/E with KextWizard

full fix with MyHack

load latest Nvidia kext siutable for 10.8.3 with KextWizard

do the magic in Maintenance tab of KextWizard

Prepared like this I can see the kernel messages on top of OSXLATITUDE boot screen background. After multiple pages with  "reading kext messages", actual boot starts and almost in the very beginning reboots. I've managed to pause it and see that USB was initialized and just after it the reboot happened. Anyway, as I said it happened quite fast, so some I'm not sure about concrete time and last kerenel message before the reboot. 

• Administrators
2) Where should I put this? Link to a guide will be helpful.

When you see the bootloader delay bar, press a key and type what I indicated. You know, you can do a bit of research yourself too, don't just depend on babysitting...

Re: bootpack, start by reading the EDP web pages. Don't just rely on forum posts.

When you see the bootloader delay bar, press a key and type what I indicated. You know, you can do a bit of research yourself too, don't just depend on babysitting...

Re: bootpack, start by reading the EDP web pages. Don't just rely on forum posts.

I've spent some time in E.D.T. docs and Google. 

This is what I did so far without any change in the behaviour:

* build new install image 10.8.3

* load boot image for Latitude E6500 Lion with removed arch and i386 lines

* try to boot with this setup, no luck.

* load IOPCIFamily.kext with KextWizard

* do MyHack full fix

* load Nvidia kexts for 10.8.3

* try to boot - same story, just reboot in one moment

Play with kernel parameters as Hervé proposed, did all 3 cases, GeneratePStates=No; GenerateCStates=No; GeneratePStates and GenerateCStates=No; All of them were confirmed correctly set in the kernel messages. Reboots happened everytime.

I've decided to take picture on last kernel message. Actually did 2 pictures, the initial kernel message and last kernel message before the reboot. Hope this will be useful to somebody that is able to help me. :)

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B3QtJRoN8ovhbVMwRlhfdWs4LTg/edit?usp=sharing

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B3QtJRoN8ovhczF2d1RlbVlxenM/edit?usp=sharing

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B3QtJRoN8ovhRzZwV281bVFRNDQ/edit?usp=sharing