e6430 with NVS5200/Intel HD 4000

gouki

The FrameBuffer kext file contained in your attachment is the same version I was using before. I have found that one to be the best one that works with the Intel HD 4000. As for the final status, this is pretty much it for me. Almost everything is working perfectly and what isn't working perfectly, is satisfactory at minimum and completely acceptable. The biggest hurdle was video related to docked and undocked and as stated earlier, it's working :)

The FrameBuffer kext file contained in your attachment is the same version I was using before. I have found that one to be the best one that works with the Intel HD 4000. As for the final status, this is pretty much it for me. Almost everything is working perfectly and what isn't working perfectly, is satisfactory at minimum and completely acceptable. The biggest hurdle was video related to docked and undocked and as stated earlier, it's working :)

Hi OsxJeff!

I have same laptop (HD4000 only) please help me.

Upload your Extra folder, DSDT, etc, somewhere?

Please help me, I tried everything, but it does not work.

Thanks!

if you could possibly help, this e-mail address can also contact:

robertostudios (at) me (dot) com

(sorry for my bad english..) :)

Hi OsxJeff!

I have same laptop (HD4000 only) please help me.

Upload your Extra folder, DSDT, etc, somewhere?

Please help me, I tried everything, but it does not work.

Thanks!

if you could possibly help, this e-mail address can also contact:

robertostudios (at) me (dot) com

(sorry for my bad english..) :)

Robertostudios,

If you have a 6430 with the HD 4000 graphics and NO Nvidia 5200 then I recommend starting off with this thread:

https://osxlatitude.com/index.php?/topic/1790-e6430/

If you can tell us how far along you have gotten, we might be able to help you quicker. For example have you even gotten the OS installed or are you battling with that still? In the other thread, I posted an Extra folder that was working 90% for me so you can use the files from there which should give you an almost fully functional laptop. Then we can deal with any specific issues you have after that. The folder posted by osx jeff also works (posted above).

Robertostudios,

If you have a 6430 with the HD 4000 graphics and NO Nvidia 5200 then I recommend starting off with this thread:

If you can tell us how far along you have gotten, we might be able to help you quicker. For example have you even gotten the OS installed or are you battling with that still? In the other thread, I posted an Extra folder that was working 90% for me so you can use the files from there which should give you an almost fully functional laptop. Then we can deal with any specific issues you have after that. The folder posted by osx jeff also works (posted above).

Thanx for the quick reply!

I'll try and be in touch with the results

:)

Thanks!

rob

This thread has gotten a little messy with Extra folders for both the HD4000 only and those with NVS5200 GPUs.  To get back on track would it be possible to get an Extras folder with everything setup for the NVS5200 as a new starting point.

I've just sent a sponsored request in for an SSDT file for my CPU so once that's in I'm guessing everything that works will be in tip top condition with just my WiFi and Bluetooth not working (neither of which I need).

Robertostudios,

Hi!

I probe all Extra folder, EDP, Your DSDT, and all, but only one problem for now. all working but, when computer start, and booted up to login screen, screen goes blank and computer is auto enter the sleep mode :( I push the power button, voila, internal screen is available again, and all things works good (Wifi, Sound, Trackpad, USB, Sleep...)

Any Trick for this problem?

My Conf is E6430 HD4000 only, i5 Bios A08.

If i extract my DSDT, anyone help me the patch procedure? Or generate proper DSDT for me?

I totally noob DSDT editing :(

rob

Rob,

I dont have an answer for you... sorry.

I would start by upgrading your BIOS.  I would then make sure that you have the propber ACPI file (from above in E/E), and that you re-ran myHack.

--Jeff

Hi!

I mixed up some DSDT, SSDT, chameleon plist, SMBIOS, and finaly get internal screen working after boot :)

But!

Since the USB3 ports do not work :(

I use GenericUSB....kext, but dont work.

Can you not send a good ACPI kext and DSDT for me?