e6430 with NVS5200/Intel HD 4000

gouki

Yes the bios steps have the drive being seen now. Thanks. I reinstalled your fix and get DVD Player cannot be opened because of a problem.

There is an ignore & report button which gives this:

Identifier:      com.apple.DVDPlayer

Version:         5.6 (5500.38.2)
Build Info:      DVDPlayer-5500038002000000~1
Code Type:       X86 (Native)
Parent Process:  launchd [131]
User ID:         502

Date/Time:       2013-11-07 04:09:20.206 -0700
OS Version:      Mac OS X 10.8.5 (12F45)
Report Version:  10

Interval Since Last Report:          127859 sec
Crashes Since Last Report:           348
Per-App Interval Since Last Report:  7 sec
Per-App Crashes Since Last Report:   6
Anonymous UUID:                      837F96C3-B90C-5743-EBA0-7483D5239793

Crashed Thread:  0

Exception Type:  EXC_BREAKPOINT (SIGTRAP)
Exception Codes: 0x0000000000000002, 0x0000000000000000

Application Specific Information:
dyld: launch, loading dependent libraries

Dyld Error Message:
  Library not loaded: /System/Library/Frameworks/DVDPlayback.framework/Versions/A/DVDPlayback
  Referenced from: /Applications/DVD Player.app/Contents/MacOS/DVD Player
  Reason: image not found

Binary Images:
   0xb9000 -   0x30cffb  com.apple.DVDPlayer (5.6 - 5500.38.2) <BB9B396B-7E4A-375E-A32F-DDAB4C1B70F5> /Applications/DVD Player.app/Contents/MacOS/DVD Player
  0x3a3000 -   0x3d5ff7  com.apple.MediaUI (1.1 - 22) <E00A705C-A40B-342D-9854-313CAA64964F> /System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/MediaUI.framework/Versions/A/MediaUI
0x8feb8000 - 0x8feeadd7  dyld (210.2.3) <5C651B52-C8CC-368F-8C84-85CB91C78425> /usr/lib/dyld
0x95ddd000 - 0x95dddfff  libSystem.B.dylib (169.3) <C885EEA5-B0A8-30C4-9CCB-DB475115AD72> /usr/lib/libSystem.B.dylib
0x97c29000 - 0x97ee9ff3  com.apple.security (7.0 - 55179.13) <000FD8E9-D070-326A-B386-51314360FD5C> /System/Library/Frameworks/Security.framework/Versions/A/Security
0x9a14a000 - 0x9a14afff  com.apple.Carbon (154 - 155) <17F1B675-E054-3D2C-900B-C9CE69F1FC31> /System/Library/Frameworks/Carbon.framework/Versions/A/Carbon

Model: MacBookPro9,1, BootROM MBP91.00D3.B00, 4 processors, Intel Core i7, 2.69 GHz, 16 GB, SMC 2.2f44
Graphics: nVidia NVS 5200M, nVidia NVS 5200M, PCIe, 1024 MB
Memory Module: DIMM A, 8 GB, DDR3, 1600 MHz, Nanya Technology, NT8GC64C8HB0NS-DI
Memory Module: DIMM B, 8 GB, DDR3, 1600 MHz, Nanya Technology, NT8GC64C8HB0NS-DI
AirPort: spairport_wireless_card_type_third_party
Network Service: Wi-Fi, AirPort, en1
Network Service: Bluetooth PAN, Ethernet, en0
Network Service: Ethernet Adaptor (en2), Ethernet, en2
PCI Card: Intel 82579LM Gigabit Network Connection,,,,,,, Ethernet Controller, PCI
PCI Card: nVidia NVS 5200M, sppci_displaycontroller, PCI x16
PCI Card: Broadcom BCM4310 USB Wifi Controller,,,, Wi-Fi Controller, Slot-2
PCI Card: O2Micro OZ600F/OZ900F Integrated MMC/SD Controller, MMC/SD Controller, Slot-6
Serial ATA Device: LITEONIT LCS-256M6S 2.5 7mm 256GB, 256.06 GB
Serial ATA Device: PLDS DVD+/-RW DU-8A5HH, 404.6 MB
USB Device: hub_device, 0x8087  (Intel Corporation), 0x0024, 0x1a100000 / 2
USB Device: BCM20702A0, 0x413c  (Dell Inc.), 0x8197, 0x1a140000 / 3
USB Device: hub_device, 0x8087  (Intel Corporation), 0x0024, 0x1d100000 / 2

Found this on the forum you guys seem to dislike with Tony in it & it worked.

Not sure if anyone else encountered this issue after upgrading to ML, but kept getting a "Valid DVD Drive could not be found -70012" when playing a DVD or Blu-Ray disc on drives previously working in Lion.

To fix this error, run the following commands in Terminal:

Step 1 - Create a backup of DVDPlayback.framework

sudo cp /System/Library/Frameworks/DVDPlayback.framework/Versions/A/DVDPlayback /System/Library/Frameworks/DVDPlayback.framework/Versions/A/DVDPlayback.bak

Step 2 - Patch DVDPlayback

sudo perl -pi -e 's|\x49\x6E\x74\x65\x72\x6E\x61\x6C|\x45\x78\x74\x 65\x72\x6E\x61\x6C|g' /System/Library/Frameworks/DVDPlayback.framework/Versions/A/DVDPlayback

Now playback, eject, and auto sleep should be working again. If these steps don't work, try copying the DVDPlayback.framework from a working Lion installation, then run the commands. Good luck!

Hey guys, thanks for the great info in this thread. Wonder if someone wouldn't mind taking a look at my installer log file.  I followed the instructions step by step and can get the usb to boot, use -v, then select the language but right after that I get the message that it can't install and I see this install log.  I see some errors in there but don't know if that's 'normal' errors or what's causing my problem?  Any ideas?

installer_log.rtf

if your trying to install with an mbr patched installer try a different mbr patch. if not use guid partition.

Thanks!  I broke the first rule in troubleshooting by changing 2 things at the same time but now I'm up and running.  I changed from a slower USB flash drive to a USB hard drive install source and changed from MBR to GUID.  Now I'm not sure which one was the problem.  Might try doing the MBR on the hard drive and reinstalling just to find out...   If I do I'll post back just for everyone's info.

hello there.

i'm new to this particular scene, thought i did work on a hackintosh on a dell tower several years ago successfully.

i have the e6430 with nvs5200m/intell hd 4000, i5 3320m, 1600x900 display, so not exactly any of the configurations i've seen in here yet.

i've read and followed the threads from jake lo and others.  i did a step-by-step myhack using the InstallESD.dmg for 10.8.3 ML.  i originally used the E6430HD4000.zip from jake lo's guide, hoping to make some headway and then get down to tweaking for my particulary system.  but the dsdt didn't work for me.  at least, there is no way i could boot off either the usb installer or the successful installation without the boot flag DSDT=Null.

at present i can either use DSDT=Null -x to get the installed os x up and running in safe boot mode, or the usb bootloader up and running with the same DSDT=Null flag.  this works in 1600x900 using "Graphics Mode" but i'm not convinced this is down to the AppleIntelFramebufferCapri.kext that jake lo offered (i got 1600x900 before renaming the file correctly).  however, again it's only in safe mode.

without safe mode i get stuck in several places, depending on what boot flags i'm trying.  the most success seems to come from just using GraphicsEnabler=Yes, which at least seems to finish the loading screen before leaving me with a black screen.  yes, i did see the note about this in Jake Lo's post, but i haven't gotten any steps to work for me.

i also get the Invalid Partition Table error, even though i've since rebooted with the usb installer (no DSDT) and ran myhack on my installation hard drive to clean up the cache and permissions, after installing chameleon.

so, i'm looking at making my own DSDT.aml file, to see if that will help.

but i'm a bit confused as to the wording in the guide.

To Extract DSDT you should run DSDT editor after the install, when you start the Os X from your USB bootloader  (Do not extract it if booted from hard drive, and if already using DSDT.aml cause it wont work). So first unzip and than open DSDT editor. System will automatically ask to instal Java (if it’s not already installed), so just accept it and wait DSDT Editor to open.

when booting from the usb bootloader, i'm given the opportunity to use the Utilities menu, with Disk Utility and Terminal and MyHack, etc.  otherwise carry on and install from the usb onto a chosen hard drive.

so if i'm booting off the usb bootloader, how am i supposed to unzip and then open this editor?

also, have i missed something completely in all this reading?  i know there are very few clean cut answers that work for everyone when it comes to this stuff, but i seem to be having more instances of what's written in the posts not behaving the same way on my end than i am successes based on the research... if that makes sense.

i really don't want to just click and point my way through this and pick up the pieces of everyone's hard work.  i'd like to understand, or do my best to understand, the whole process.  but i'm trying to sort out how to know what success means what and what failure points to what obstacle.  e.g. if my DSDT.aml file isn't right or is missing, does that account for graphics problems?  are issues related to my graphics pretty much found in kexts and how they're loaded and their permissions?  if i edit the chamelion.Boot.plist in the /Extras folder on my installation, is that the right one to be editing?  if so why do the changes in the file not reflect properly at boot up, even though i've repaired permissions and run MyHack on the hard drive to rebuild caches and all?

in other words, i'm having a hard time determining what i'm seeing as a result of something i did or didn't do between the feeback from the computer and what i'm reading online.

if someone else has the same chip as i, but a different resolution monitor, is it any good using their working DSDT.aml file?

sorry for all the questions at once.  just trying to get a grip on what i'm learning here.  figuring how to turn the information into knowledge.  been reading and trying for 24 hours now :)

thanks for any help with any of these questions!

how to actually use the DSDT extractor would be a great help!

• Moderators

hello there.

i'm new to this particular scene, thought i did work on a hackintosh on a dell tower several years ago successfully.

i have the e6430 with nvs5200m/intell hd 4000, i5 3320m, 1600x900 display, so not exactly any of the configurations i've seen in here yet.

i've read and followed the threads from jake lo and others.  i did a step-by-step myhack using the InstallESD.dmg for 10.8.3 ML.  i originally used the E6430HD4000.zip from jake lo's guide, hoping to make some headway and then get down to tweaking for my particulary system.  but the dsdt didn't work for me.  at least, there is no way i could boot off either the usb installer or the successful installation without the boot flag DSDT=Null.

at present i can either use DSDT=Null -x to get the installed os x up and running in safe boot mode, or the usb bootloader up and running with the same DSDT=Null flag.  this works in 1600x900 using "Graphics Mode" but i'm not convinced this is down to the AppleIntelFramebufferCapri.kext that jake lo offered (i got 1600x900 before renaming the file correctly).  however, again it's only in safe mode.

without safe mode i get stuck in several places, depending on what boot flags i'm trying.  the most success seems to come from just using GraphicsEnabler=Yes, which at least seems to finish the loading screen before leaving me with a black screen.  yes, i did see the note about this in Jake Lo's post, but i haven't gotten any steps to work for me.

i also get the Invalid Partition Table error, even though i've since rebooted with the usb installer (no DSDT) and ran myhack on my installation hard drive to clean up the cache and permissions, after installing chameleon.

so, i'm looking at making my own DSDT.aml file, to see if that will help.

but i'm a bit confused as to the wording in the guide.

when booting from the usb bootloader, i'm given the opportunity to use the Utilities menu, with Disk Utility and Terminal and MyHack, etc.  otherwise carry on and install from the usb onto a chosen hard drive.

so if i'm booting off the usb bootloader, how am i supposed to unzip and then open this editor?

also, have i missed something completely in all this reading?  i know there are very few clean cut answers that work for everyone when it comes to this stuff, but i seem to be having more instances of what's written in the posts not behaving the same way on my end than i am successes based on the research... if that makes sense.

i really don't want to just click and point my way through this and pick up the pieces of everyone's hard work.  i'd like to understand, or do my best to understand, the whole process.  but i'm trying to sort out how to know what success means what and what failure points to what obstacle.  e.g. if my DSDT.aml file isn't right or is missing, does that account for graphics problems?  are issues related to my graphics pretty much found in kexts and how they're loaded and their permissions?  if i edit the chamelion.Boot.plist in the /Extras folder on my installation, is that the right one to be editing?  if so why do the changes in the file not reflect properly at boot up, even though i've repaired permissions and run MyHack on the hard drive to rebuild caches and all?

in other words, i'm having a hard time determining what i'm seeing as a result of something i did or didn't do between the feeback from the computer and what i'm reading online.

if someone else has the same chip as i, but a different resolution monitor, is it any good using their working DSDT.aml file?

sorry for all the questions at once.  just trying to get a grip on what i'm learning here.  figuring how to turn the information into knowledge.  been reading and trying for 24 hours now :)

thanks for any help with any of these questions!

how to actually use the DSDT extractor would be a great help!

You should use this guide and boot pack instead, but keep the SSDT file for your processor.

Looks like I've finally got it all loaded.  Only thing not working right now is wifi.  I have the dell wifi adapter.  I'll start looking into that now.  Thanks for all the help.

would you mind passing on some clues as to how you finally got it working?

:)

lots of reading in this forum this week, and i have a feeling i'm close, but just might need that extra morsel of information to finish the puzzle.

thank you!