Optiplex 9010

Jake Lo

• Administrators

i have the i3 version 3220 it sleeps and wakes fine. try Imac 13,1 smbios maybe? question do your front ss usb ports function at all? but i had to use nullcpu no sleep enabler. But im having a hell of a time with HD2500 graphics

• Moderators

i have the i3 version 3220 it sleeps and wakes fine. try Imac 13,1 smbios maybe? question do your front ss usb ports function at all? but i had to use nullcpu no sleep enabler. But im having a hell of a time with HD2500 graphics

Changing smbios to 13,1, removed AICPM and install Nullcpu, still not sleeping on it's own. This time when I manually put it to sleep, I'll just get a blank screen, it will not resume until I hard reboot. All keyboard and mouse stopped working as well.

All USB including ss USB which are USB 3.0 are functioning. I've installed GenericUSBXHCI, but I don't see super speed in the System Report.

I read that HD2500 is just the lower end of HD4000 but the efi string should also works, have you try injecting it?

I use 16205, but you could try 16603 if that doesn't work.

Trying to get my Dell Optiplex 9010 to work (looks different to your picture, smaller form factor) but when I boot the MyHack USB I get stuck at grey screen with spinning beach ball.

Display connected via display-port.

I appear to be having the same issue as TequilaKez.  I have an i5 Optiplex 9010 minitower on BIOS version A12.  Booting with -v doesn't appear to show any issues or hang-ups.  It boots just fine to a gray screen and then I get the spinning pinwheel(everything at this point appears to be shown at the native resolution of my display, 1920 x 1200).  I know the install app is supposed to start at this point, but it just gets stuck here and the pinwheel keeps spinning.  I have used a 10.8.4 image with myHack.  There is no extra hardware on the machine except a Dell wireless 1530 PCIe card(Broadcom chipset based); disabling the PCIe slot makes no difference.  All the usual settings appear to be correct in BIOS(AHCI, C states enabled, legacy boot, etc.).

No joy on the install.  Here's a recap:

- Installed in safe mode(only way I get the system to boot the USB drive) with the extras provided by OP.

- Chameleon bootloader was not installed on the hard drive, so booted off the install USB drive and selected the hard drive with the ML installation.  At this point I get an EBIOS read error/device timeout.  Tried booting the ML installation in safe mode as well, no luck there either.

- PC BIOS was updated from A12 to A14 and I disconnected all unnecessary pieces of hardware(extra drives, wireless PCIe card), and repaired permissions on the ML drive.  At this point, only the primary hard drive is connected to the SATA 0 port.  I still get the same error.

• Administrators

ebios read error is usually usb related. try different ports. -x should get your display to run in vesa mode. so no acceleration. also you have to put the sata in AHCI mode. raid mode will not boot the hdd. you might need a osx compatible graphics card like i do till i can figure out my i3 graphics issue. you have i5 so you also might have graphics issues.

jake i found my front usb issue... it was the usb motherboard header was incorrectly seated during manufacturing it was pulling itself out of the socket. half the internal pins where out of the blue connector end.yet the connector head was still in the socket lol. 

• Moderators

No joy on the install.  Here's a recap:

- Installed in safe mode(only way I get the system to boot the USB drive) with the extras provided by OP.

- Chameleon bootloader was not installed on the hard drive, so booted off the install USB drive and selected the hard drive with the ML installation.  At this point I get an EBIOS read error/device timeout.  Tried booting the ML installation in safe mode as well, no luck there either.

- PC BIOS was updated from A12 to A14 and I disconnected all unnecessary pieces of hardware(extra drives, wireless PCIe card), and repaired permissions on the ML drive.  At this point, only the primary hard drive is connected to the SATA 0 port.  I still get the same error.

myHack doesn't run fully in safemode.

Go ahead and boot the usb installer with -x -v and select your ML installation. With the -v switch, you won't get the EBios timeout error.

Once you're login, launch the terminal and run the following command:

myfix -i /
myfix -t /

The first command will install Chameleon to your HDD

The second will install E/E to S/L/E myHack.kext and repair permission.

Reboot without your Usb installer.

Can you list your cpu and what video you have? ie HD2500 or HD4000

• Moderators

jake i found my front usb issue... it was the usb motherboard header was incorrectly seated during manufacturing it was pulling itself out of the socket. half the internal pins where out of the blue connector end.yet the connector head was still in the socket lol. 

LOL

Hello, total OSX noob here and for that I apologize. I am trying to install 10.9 onto my optiplex 9010 with an i5 and 12g ram and no additional gfx card other than the built in intel from the i5. I have done the following

1. built USB 10.9 installer with myhack installed generic extra with myhack
  2. extracted Extra-OPT9010 to USB
  3. booted of USB but then it just gets stuck on grey screen with circular thing stuck with -v and -f flags I get to the following where it freezes. Any help would be appreciated and feel free to call me out if I have done something epically stupid

Thanks for any help you can provide

also i have AHCI on, Cstates enabled, and UEFI in legacy mode

• Moderators

Hello, total OSX noob here and for that I apologize. I am trying to install 10.9 onto my optiplex 9010 with an i5 and 12g ram and no additional gfx card other than the built in intel from the i5. I have done the following

1. built USB 10.9 installer with myhack installed generic extra with myhack
  2. extracted Extra-OPT9010 to USB
  3. booted of USB but then it just gets stuck on grey screen with circular thing stuck with -v and -f flags I get to the following where it freezes. Any help would be appreciated and feel free to call me out if I have done something epically stupid

Thanks for any help you can provide

also i have AHCI on, Cstates enabled, and UEFI in legacy mode

Can you list the exact CPU so we could determine if it has an HD2500 or HD4000 graphics to better assist you. From the image, it's hanging right before the graphics is loading. Did you connect to the display port? VGA will not work.