Optiplex 9010

Jake Lo

Hello Guys

Nice to meet you all

I'm from Chile, so if I mess meanwhile I writing, it is 'cause I learn english by myself

In the past, I made several hack's, with the old-fashioned Iaktos and Kaiway methods.

I was pretty success with a Inspiron 1525 and a old Celeron desktop. Was a heroic and fun time...  

So, after that I become a apple user, actually I have a MBP.

Now, I need a desktop mac computer, and doing some research, I found that the Dell's optiplex are a good choice to perform a Hackintosh

I bought a 7010

cpu core i7 3770 3ºgeneration 3,4@3,9ghz
4 gb ram ddr3 
500gb HDD
video amd 7470 1gb

I follow the Jacke Lo guide, I attempt to install 10.8.0 and... it's amazing! all work like a charm! it is a dream to an old Hackintosh user!

The only issue, it's that I'm not able to boot without a USB flash memory with Charmaleon inside

I get the error0

I follow that guide, but I still have the issue

http://archive.today/45g1V

Any clue?

PDT: Can I update to 10.8.5 using apple software update?

Best regards

i am running 10.9.4 on my 9010.

boot 0 error is a chameleon install issue. re install chameleon a few times you can use myhack installer or chameleon wizard app.

Hi Bronxtech, thank for asnwer

Well, I do it several times and nothing, still having the same issue

Maybe that can get you a clue:

I unpacked the brand new optiblex, I did a partition in Windows 7 with a "New Simple Partition Wizard"...

Maybe I made a newbie mistake with the partition type?

The install usb stick was made in my MBP, using MyHack 3.3., and then, I perform the MyHack 10.8.0 instalation. 

Regards

jmvbmw, it could be an issue with partition of your installer.  I have found that a USB stick that had originally been formatted as MBR needs to be wiped clean before doing the myHack.  In Disk Utility, delete the partition and when it asks what format for the new partition, use MacOS Journaled.  Don't bother setting up the installer until you see Disk Utility report GPT for your USB stick. 

Fixed!

I don't know why, the Windows 7 "New Simple Partition Wizard", made a logical partition (I ask a primary one)

I use the MiniTool Partition Wizard under Windows, change the OSX partition to primary instead logical, and that fixed boot0 error

Have you tried 2.8.6 or 2.8.7?

I didn't know version 2.8.7 even existed. multi-beast (or multifail as you guys call it!) only includes 2.8.4 (which worked with Mavericks), so I just google the new version you suggested and was able to install it. Sound is working properly now. Thanks so much.